This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My V6 KL Swap...

Well today we dropped the motor in 2 hours... and Broke a total of 4 socket wrenches on the passenger side axle, and still didnt get it out.. So we jsut pulled it out at the mid shaft and took out the hub etc, and we are jsut gonna swap it into the mx3 one. We are down to our last craftsman wrench so we couldnt risk it. First thing is to head up to sears and reedem me some fresh wrenches...

So now we got to pull the motor out of my friend's mx3, and transport it over to the pro at my house. heres some pics of whats doen soo far. The only probelms so far is the Radiator which i had to get soem new hoses, and hope it will fit. And my huget fan has to be removed to the front instead of the back of the radiator. Anyone plannins this swap keep in mind, u need EVERYTHING thats connected to the v6, and EVERYTHING thats conected to the BP needs to go.

Im using:
    94probe KLDE V6
    mx3 K8 tranny
    Mx3 v6 mounts
    Mx3 v6 crossmember(probe-mx6-626 will NOT work)
    Mx3 V6 harness
    Probe GT or 626 v6 ECU (havent decided on which to use..both the same)
    Mx3 V6 Shifter LInkage (probe-mx6-626 will NOT work on BG cars)
    Custom 2.5" Y-pipe + 2.5" MX3 exhaust (the mx-3 exahust is shorter than proteges exh, but it will do for now, but it fits up to the flanges)
    Protege Radiator
    Mx3 K8 Flywheel (K8 flywheel = 14lbs, and the KL Flywheel = 25lbs)
    Probe GT Clutch (Exedy)

Alot more tommorrow...we should be done by midnight.....If anyone wonders, my old motor will be going into a friends Mx3..so it will live on..
    Pics:

OWNED?

BTW, did anyone know that the miata clutch/flywheel fits on the FWD BP? Found that out today..

Comment

sweetness, once you get it on the road i'll have to make the drive out to ATL and see it in person
      '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
      '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
      '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
      '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
      '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
      '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Dude thats sweet! glad you get to do what i wanted to! (but im getting a klze for the mx6 muhahaha) have fun with that super sleeper when ur done
        1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

craftsmen pwns j00
          91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.