• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drift Battle 3....

Hosting Organization(s) Project A Spec and SPEEDRiFT
    Event Type Car Shows, Drag Races, Drifting Events, Test and Tunes
    Event Date(s) 22-Jul-2005
    Event Description/
    Schedule Drift Battle 3 - Car show, Drift event, Drift Pratice, 1/8th Street Drag race, Burn out contest, and DJs all in one show. Project A Spec Street, Track and Drift Crew gets togeather for a one year event that brings the only show in MI that is much like Nopi. The Drift Battle is supported by local drifters as a comp day for all those who want to come or go to SPEEDRiFT (a pratice day for drifting).

Gates open at 6PM for spectators.

Cars to register must be there between 4:00 to 5:00 to get registered.

Prices:
    Spectate 15.00
    Drag Race $20.00
    Show $20.00
    Drag race and show $30.00
    Drift Pratice and Comp $40.00

(Its best to preregister and show up on time as spots for this events are limited!!!)
    Event Location AutoCity Speedway Clio, Mi
    Street Address 10325 N. Saginaw Rd.
    City Clio
    State or Province MI
    Postal/Zip Code 48420
    Location Description
    Driving Directions If from south - 75 to 4-75 exit. 125 Mt. Morris turn right fallow down to Saginaw or when the road ends hook to left. and its 100 feet on left after light, Cant miss it locals know how to get there too.

From north MI 75 to 4-75 to E-125 turn left fallow down tell you hit Sag. left then turn left agian into track.

From chicago - 94 eat to 69 lansing or head to lansing look for 69 east then 69 east flint then 4-75 north then fallow the north directions above...

any more info contact me.
    Maximum Entries 300
    Registration Deadline 22-Jul-2005 Entries must be received prior to the registration deadline.
    Online Registration Register Online Now! - View Entry List
    Registrar Email projectaspec@aol.com
    Officials and
    Contacts
    Title Name Email Address Phone
    The Man J Woo projectaspec@aol.com 810.836.6009
    More Information http://www.projectaspec.com/battle.htm

Whoo Hoo......

I just talked my friend in letting me drift his Miata there......

I am going to supple some tires for it... and then KILL them........

Anyone in Michigan going to check it out???

Grav1ty

Well installed a sweet coilover kit on the Miata last night as well as some killer sway bars.... Need to set everything up in the next couple days, but all looks good for the Drift night

Comment

Well the event was a insane time... There were car show, burnout contest, drag racing, stunt bikes, and the drift event....

Auto City Speedway is a 1/2 mile ovel with a 1/4 mile inside, both sharing turn 1-2.
      photo

On the way, we met up with 3 people Kev knew, one driving a Volvo wagon turbo (which he entered in the burnout and ran it till he blew his tires) and the othes in a Civic that was dragracing / car show. I drove all the tires and tools in the Protege.

Kevin and I were sharing the Miata so we both had half the practice time of all the other drivers. Could not get the car to loosen up for a while... Decided to run 50 psi in the rear tires and unhooked the front sway bar. After that it was not to bad to hold sideways... With such a short wheelbase it was really hard to not spin out.

Under the lights after all the other contests had completed, we had our fun. Kev had some good drifts and good spin in front of the crowd with a fast recovery. I had some long drifts and did a coupls 360's around the "rally turn" cone, then finished with a 60 MPH, 360 spin down the back stright and sliding turns 3-4.

I needed more time to set up the car and get used to sliding around.

The drift contest had 10 drivers in all. There was a "pro" there with a 240 in Slivia trim..... Sweet ride.... and SO much power, he did not compete, just showed off for a bit. The final came down to 2 drivers in 240's and they raced nose to tail then switched for the best of 3.....the lead 240 spun in the 2'nd run and was almost tee-boned......

So after all was said and done I found out I had taken 3'rd place for the drift!

Was worth killind a set of tires.....

Photos and comentary by Kevin

donovan and a member of the vtec army

wtf, lol, and omg

miata in dori trim, note the burnout behind the car show

ed was up to his usual antics

and it got him 3rd out of 10..

^__^

k

Comment

Well I found a video clip from the Battle.....

I was looking around the net for cool videos and ran across it....

Kinda cool finding a vid with yourself in!

I am in the "borrowed" blue Miata

Grav1ty

Comment

Working...
        X