Wheel/Tire Combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel/Tire Combo

I was just wondering what kinda of wheel/tire combo you all would go with for a 94 gold Protege. I was thinking going with a 16" wheel in bronze, or possibly anthracite. Any suggestions would help
    94 Protege DX... A work in progress.
    Spring Tech Springs
    Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors
    Cone Filter
    17" Rotas
    More to Come......

IMO bronze on gold looks bad, gunmetal perhaps? 15" or 16" is a good size if you're not going for "bling" as it were. You can get some nice meaty tires on the wheels that'll handle well and still give you a measure of comfort on crappy roads. As far as which tires . . . well what are you going to be doing, in what weather, and how much are you willing to spend. Wheels are a personal preference thing, but Konig Heliums are pretty lightweight

Comment

well I just want an all around good tire. I dont want to get to spendy cause I cant afford it. But something that will hold up on most weather surfaces would be good. It is mainly gonna be for looks. (Cant afford anymore tickets). Just want something that wont cause me to slide if I decide to take a corner a little faster than posted one day
      Spring Tech Springs
      Cone Filter
      17" Rotas
      More to Come......

Comment

Well I swear by my Falken ZE-512s, they're good all season tires, I've experienced pretty good wear (a little bit faster than I'd like, but then again it may be my driving ). Good traction, especially in the wet, they surprised me with their wet traction. I have no idea how they handle in snow, because I use dedicated winter tires, but I like them. Vulcantire.com is where I got mine, they were ~$52 each, but your price will differ, because of the size difference.

Comment

17x7 Kumho ecstas 205/40 R17. You definately won't lose grip going a little over the posted speed with these tires, but the ride suck on 17's could be the 3" drop too . If your looking for something inexpensive and nice you should pick-up a set of used miata wheels, 15's or 16's. They are always popping up on e-bay.
          Attached Files

Comment

yeah, miata wheels are a good option, especially if you can score the lightweight ones. only wish they were at least .5" wider. but IMHO 205/50R15 is a good size to go with for a balance between handling and comfort, and there are a ton of choices in that size. *cough cough Bridgestone S-03s cough cough*

Comment

I would do the Miata wheels but something that big to ship through e-bay sounds like a pain. If there were any locally I would jump all over them. Guess I will see what I can find
              Spring Tech Springs
              Cone Filter
              17" Rotas
              More to Come......

Comment

Working...
              X