This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'95-'98 Carbon Fiber Hoods by PureSports

This is the official Group Buy thread for 2nd gen Mazda Protege carbon fiber hoods -- years '95 to '98.

The manufacturer of the hoods is PureSports, a company located in San Diego, California. Our admin knows the guys and has vouched for them. If you trust Dave, then you need not worry about getting jipped. Moreover, many club members live in California (myself included). If need be, we could actually visit the shop. Unlike Aleksey's group buy (Hong Kong's Topmix), this one stays entirely in the US, and if the deal goes sour we have US law as our ally.

The details of the group buy are as follows:

Original thread for background information: linky

We need 10 people as the bare minimum to have CF hoods made for us. In the above referenced thread we managed to list 12 people who were interested in the hood at one point or another. 10 of those vouched to commit to the GB.

The hoods are priced at $404 each. This includes $375.00 for the hood itself, $12.00 to cover PayPal fees, and $17.00 for our admin to rent a U-haul truck, pickup the hoods, check for damage, ensure packaging is sufficient, and ship off to the respective owners. Local pick-up is also an option. In such a case the $17 fee will be waived.

Each one of you will be required to make a deposit in the amount of $125.
    This deposit is not refundable unless:

a) The group buy does not go through.
    b) You find another person to take your place.

Shipping will be freight COD and you will pay when you receive the hood.
    Our admin will do his best to find us the most affordable shipping rates.

Here's a list of the 10 people who commited to the group buy. The order of the people in the list is the order of the distribution of the hoods.

1. beetle_orange
    2. loganss
    3. JZProwler
    4. Intruder
    5. Prototender
    6. Shaun32390
    7. 95pro
    8. sanblaster1
    9. lowpro98
    10. goodorange

The $125 non-refundable deposit is due now.
    I expect each one of you guys to send payment within a reasonable amount of time (1-2 weeks from today -- let's say by the 1st of August).

Send payment to:
    Martin Pentchev
    PayPal: martin2110 AT hotmail.com (spam protection.. replace AT with @ and remove spaces).

If you do not have paypal, you can send me a money order, or even a personal check. However, I URGE you to send it by registered/insured mail. If you send MO the PayPal fee does not apply to you. Send me a PM and I will provide a mailing address.

On the cutoff date (August 1st 2005) a check will be written and mailed to Seth @ PureSports in San Diego. If ALL deposits are handed in prior to August 1st, the check will be mailed within 48 hours of the last deposit.

We were previously told that production of the hoods will begin towards the end of the year - November or December. It is projected that we will have the hoods ready for Christmas. I believe that is the ABSOLUTE deadline. This is not set in stone, and I hope that we can have them much sooner than that. Again, the sooner we send payment to the manufacturer the sooner we'll get our hoods.

Prototender (Sam) will provide a hood for the mold from which all our hoods will be made. As previously stated he is entitled to a $100 discount.

The rest of your payemnts are due before the hood can be shipped. I strongly encourage everyone to start sending monthly payments so that you're gonna be set by the time the hoods are ready.

That is all. Post here if you have any questions and they will be addressed.

People who have submitted the $125 deposit are indicated with an x.

1. beetle_orange
    2. loganss
    3. JZProwler
    4. Intruder (x)
    5. Prototender (x)
    6. Shaun32390
    7. 95pro
    8. sanblaster1
    9. lowpro98
    10. goodorange

Comment

thats right cause once again i am the ****...and i should hope you got urs martin....
      proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

i work 8 to 3 tomorrow and not sure if they are open but sam pls call seth to have your hood checked out. his number is 1(760)787-5759, i did mention your name and to expect you. i do think you should try and visit him first thing in the morning (if u can) and leave your hood if it is acceptable to him. i dont think we can find a lot of businesses that are willing to start this w/o gettting any form of payment.

i wasnt able to clarify though if it'll still take him 4 - 5 months to produce them but at least he is willing to work on it provided we give him a "good" hood w/o being paid yet. i figured that if he can start it sooner then we can get our hoods sooner than later as well.

damn you intruder and prototender, how can you pay ahead of me when i am first on the list? LOL

just a point of clarification, the COD applies to the cost of freight and not to the balance of the hood??
        Last edited by beetle_orange; 07-15-2005, 09:46 PM.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
        Mods:
        DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

ok, tomorrow morning, as i told beetle, is a no go, i have to get some sleep and by the time i get off watch i'll have been up for over 24hrs, but i will give steve a call and try to get up there around noon.
          proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

Originally posted by beetle_orange
            just a point of clarification, the COD applies to the cost of freight and not to the balance of the hood??
            Correct. COD is strictly freight.
            Your balance for the hood is due before it can be shipped.

Comment

Morning update:

beetle_orange and sanblaster1 are sending in checks, and so is 95pro.

I PM'd everyone on the list (except those who have already paid), to let them know of our move and that the deposit is due now.
              Last edited by Intruder; 07-16-2005, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Nice to see things are going well. I'll paypal the money in the next week and a 1/2.
                ED
                '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
                Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
                WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

6 down and 4 more to go....

Mods:
                  DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.

Comment

hoods dropped off, shop is decent sized, small amount of workers, workers are freakin cool, caught the 323 with the cf hood, its sharp good make, the fiber came out awesome...and at a later date and time...there is something up their sleeves...it'll be cool. anyways. quality work goin on, and I think i might have found a new hang out anyways...have faith in these guys, the pics don't do the cf hood for the 323 any justice...it looks much better than it did in the pics. Our hoods are gonna be cool. so it'll take approximately one week to prep the hood to make the mold. I still forgot to ask about a time line for the hoods...but I would still say december is a good month for them to get done. so yeah guys our gb is in good hands...we've got a winner.

Oh yeah dude with the 323 said he thinks the oem hoods weigh about 35lbs, and the cf's weigh 18....at least for the 323.
                    Last edited by Prototender; 07-16-2005, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Cool. But how can you FORGET to ask about the timeline? lol Man, that's the most important question.

Comment

you could always call them...the # is there...and if you were in my shoes with so many rx7's sitting there hoods up, you might not have a time line on your mind either...and the msp...ohhhhhhh it was mad tight yo! the other one wasn't bad either, and they were all about showing me around. the rx7 crowd is tight with them....its a close nit group....i'm impressed. stop bitching and be happy the hood is there, and you're getting info on a much better time frame than most other group buys! HAHAHAHAHA

Comment

this is really getting very exciting.....

Mods:

Comment

are you guys ahead of the first gen group buy?

Comment

well i didn't see their hood there, so i'm going to say...yes. not being a smart ass, just guessing...but who knows.

ok after reading their thread it does look like we are ahead.
                              Last edited by Prototender; 07-17-2005, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X