Rear strut tower bar options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear strut tower bar options

What are my options for a rear strut tower bar?
    Ractive made a rear bar for the first gen correct??
    Not that I'd want any ractive parts decreasing the resale value of my car but just wanting to see what options I have before starting anything.

If there's nothing available I just might make one myself, I'm getting pretty good with an arc welder.
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

yeah....never seen one.
    proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

bruce and turbonium did this awhile back, you have to modify the mounting plate and dremel out an opening on both sides. unfortunately they don't seem to be around anymore, maybe check out bruces site if its still up or maybe over at pclub but i haven't been there since the start of clubprotege
      95 ES
      05 S60R

Comment

i also wonder what happened to turbonium. the last post i remember him making was when he made 1,000 posts.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
        Mods:
        DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Hey, guys! I know its been a while. But I am still here, somewhat. Anyhow... in order to make it work, you will need to dremel the openings for the bar. As far as the strut bar goes, it MUST be the 1st gen rear strut bar, and not just a cheap knock off on eBay. I got one of those, and had to also modify the mounting brackets (cutting/welding). I thought I posted somewhere the pics and all. Goodluck.
          "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

good to have you back...

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
            Mods:
            DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

told ya, good to see you around
              95 ES
              05 S60R

Comment

**** it, I'll just weld one up instead.
                Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

just weld a bar between the reinforced bits on the top of the strut tower, no need to get a proper bar with mounts etc and fiddle about with trying to bolt it to the actual strut top hat.

Comment

We'll see what happens, I'm not confident enough in my abilities to weld through thin metal yet and I don't know if I really want to weld anything inside my car, though, I am smart enough to realize that I need to cover **** up to prevent hot rocks catching my car on fire.

Comment

Working...
                    X