Daytons to big.. need new subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daytons to big.. need new subs

well i am looking to get rid of my dayton 15s in the HUGE ASS BOX, lol im looking to get 200 for htem locally and i want2 buy another sub.. im just looking at getting a single 12.. i want decent bass but im mostly looking for SQ , im looking at spending around 300-400 possably ,, anyone have any suggestions ( pref. a sub that doesnt need a large box) and it woudl prolly be a sealed box...
    thanks.
    chad
    Attached Files

ROFL, jesus i just cracked up laughing looking at that setup, thats hilarious

Bet it booms though
    Joe H
    2000 Chevy Impala
    3400 3.4 Liter V6
    Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
    U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
    Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

From a practicality standpoint... i think two 12's would get the job done fine, my friend has 2 12's and it rocks pretty hard
      Joe H
      2000 Chevy Impala
      3400 3.4 Liter V6
      Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
      U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
      Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

Chad, you **** up them cones any? I may be interested in your subs. Whats the voice coil layout?

Comment

nah i havent messed up the cones at all they have either been sittin in my car or in my room not hooked up, ( hell only the 200 watt sony has been hooked up ) so htey havent even really been broken in .. umm they are dual voice coil and i wanan say 300rms to each coil., as u know i dotn really know my audio **** lol, but i mean it was enough bass to make my ears ring and to make me readjust my rear view every 20 sec. i can only immagine with more watts lol .., but hte only prob with them is on the outside the foam linging ( around the part where u actually screw the sub into the box ) is comming off in spots but none have actually fell off u could just glue them back down and u woudlnt be able to tell, ( it did the same thing when i had my dayton 12's but ohter than that , no probs at all

Comment

lolol, i bet you'll notice a difference in the rear ride height when you remove that beast. I did when i removed my 2 15"s in a box like that... I regretted it, i never realized it almost looked lowered before.
            To each his own... my own just happens to be ****ty.
            http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/627186

Comment

Originally posted by 13r1an
              lolol, i bet you'll notice a difference in the rear ride height when you remove that beast. I did when i removed my 2 15"s in a box like that... I regretted it, i never realized it almost looked lowered before.

well my car is already lowerd 4 inches. before the box lol, i couldnt have them in there hwen i had 17s on my 323 because the fender would sit on the tire... it sucked so i had 2 take them out for the short time i had 17s on..

Comment

Originally posted by Chad
                well my car is already lowerd 4 inches. before the box lol, i couldnt have them in there hwen i had 17s on my 323 because the fender would sit on the tire... it sucked so i had 2 take them out for the short time i had 17s on..

whoa....
                To each his own... my own just happens to be ****ty.
                http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/627186

Comment

i might be able to get you a deal on a brahma 12. the new model with 2.5" voice coil, lower power handling, but still high xmax. i'm looking into getting a pair of 12's for my trunk

Comment

what kinda deal u thinkin//..... if i dont do that im thinking of either 2 Dayton titanic MKIII 10's or 2 of the ED 11kv.2 's idk whatcha think?

Comment

what kinda deal u thinkin//..... if i dont do that im thinking of either 2 Dayton titanic MKIII 10's or 2 of the ED 11kv.2 's idk whatcha think?

i helped a guy become a dealer for adire audio, so i'm waiting on his e-mail letting me know what deal he'll give me for my help. shouldn't be much over dealer cost, plus shipping. i'm thinking about going with a pair of the new 10's or 12's for my truck and putting my old skool brahma 10 in my g/f's car. once i hear back from him, i'll PM you with a price.

Comment

mmats juggernaut 12"....

not cheap, but itll beat the livin **** out of any other sub this size... i been wantin one FOREVER. i run a single 12" svc PG xmax in a q-logic bandpass box, and all these homies think im runnin 2 15s. LOL!!
                        "Squirrels are evil because they have thumbs."
                        - Chick McGee

Comment

good deal blue :D ... do u know where i can find the specs of the subs?

Comment

good deal blue :D ... do u know where i can find the specs of the subs?

Comment

Originally posted by skullet
                              mmats juggernaut 12"....

not cheap, but itll beat the livin **** out of any other sub this size... i been wantin one FOREVER. i run a single 12" svc PG xmax in a q-logic bandpass box, and all these homies think im runnin 2 15s. LOL!!

while it's a good sub, it's far from the best. it gets beaten like a red headed step child by DD and RE in SPL comps. for daily driving, i'll take a brahma, XXX, idmax, heck even a w7 over it.

Comment

Working...
                              X