K-Wings Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K-Wings Stadium

Went out to the K-wings Stadium Saturday for an autocross. Was a blast. It was a 1 week old repaved lot and it had a LOT of loose stones all over, which made for more of a dirt track event than an autocross. Took the Protege out and slid around the course. Finished 2nd. Need to work on left foot braking and smothing out instead of sliding around having fun.....Got beat by a 4 door Sunbird... He was left foot braking and a LOT smoother....

Grav1ty

Make sure you're driving the car well before you start worrying about left foot braking. It's a helpful skill at times, but that's not what's making you get beat by a 4 door sunbird.

Keep up the good work!
    "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
    -93 MR2, 129 ES
    ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
    Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
      Make sure you're driving the car well before you start worrying about left foot braking. It's a helpful skill at times, but that's not what's making you get beat by a 4 door sunbird.

Keep up the good work!
      Yeah I will agree with that. This is one of the times where it could have helped as we (sunbird and I) were 5 sec faster then everybody else, and I was within a sec of him... He ran his runs smother and more controled, where I ran it like a rally event. Really sideways and on the edge. I had more fun but @ the expense of my times. The left foot braking would have kept me fast but without upsetting the balance as much as I was and leading to the slides that ate speed on the exit to 2 different turns.....Which is where I feel he beat me....

Comment

Working...
      X