Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

IL. State Beach Meet 08.20.05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IL. State Beach Meet 08.20.05

Hello Everyone,

WEBSITE: http://www.dnr.state.il.us/lands/lan...R2/ILBEACH.HTM

[From MSPROTEGE.COM/Anna]

For those of you who do not know back in October the Illinois folks held a meet at Illinois State beach. Aside for the freezing cold, we all had a good time hanging out with good company. The location is great for picture ops and a great place to play football. I would like to have another go at it. Details for anyone interested:

Lake Front
    Zion, IL 60099
    847-662-4811
    Directions

From the South are: I-294 north to Rt 173 east (approx 8 miles) to Sheridan Road. Make a right on Sheridan Road to Wadsworth Road, make a left and you will be in the park.

From the North are: I-94 South to Rt. 173, east on Rt.173 to Sheridan Road, right on Sheridan Road to Wadsworth Road and make a left on Wadsworth into the Park.

Time: August 20th, Around 2:00 until early evening. We usually end up going someplace else afterwards anyway.

Food: If people could contribute, this will cut down on how much money we spend on food. Last BBQ meet apparently cost about a buck 40 which is quite a lot to spend. If someone could bring a grill and others bring charcoal, matches, and other bbq necessities that would be great.

Thanks for reading, [MSPROTEGE.COM/Anna]

ALL REMAINING MEMBERS OF TEAM NIPRO ARE INVITED. You guys should attempt to make this one because fall is knocking on the door.

I'll be there, maybe even in the MX6...with the klZE FOO!
    1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

they are only open til 3:30 pm

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
      Mods:
      DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Originally posted by beetle_orange
        they are only open til 3:30 pm

WILL CONFIRM BEETLE.

It says Park Hours: From Memorial Day to Labor Day Sunrise to 8:00 p.m. From Labor Day to Memorial Day Sunrise to Sunset.

BUT THEN IT says until 3:30 but that may be adifferent part of the park not associated with where we will be.

I will get back to you beetle with more info as soon as I get something.

Comment

the beach part....(where we'll probably meet) is open till 8pm...i know, i live 5 minutes from it and drive by everyday to work.

i say we go to waukegan beach, or better yet kenosha's lakefront
          1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

just post in advance where you want it held

Mods:
            DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.

Comment

just post in advance where you want it held

well im not really in charge of this thing...the ppl over on MSP.com are.
              i posted over there and they said they'll look into it so we'll see
              1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

i am not quite following. is this an event for us or are we joining what the msp.com people originated. what did you mean they'll look into it? they'll look into if they'll let us join them?

Mods:

Comment

FROM ANNA ON MSPROTEGE

Alright Gents, I called the park and they are opened until 8:30 in the morning till 10:00 at night so it's all good. The area that is closed at 3:30 is one of the campsites/picnic areas.

Joe, I'm sorry about all the date switches but the first few days of the thread were just trying to determine what was a good day for everyone.

Jon, does this mean you are not coming anymore??

Santos, I made Evy join the forums.

So, I'm going to need to make a list of people coming because if we get more that 20 people I will have to call the park ahead of time so they can put aside a picnic area for us. Also include if you are bringing a friend and something to eat.

1. Anna:Evy and Eggrolls

BEETLE WE ARE ALL INVITED MY FRIEND. THEY SET UP THE DATE AND PLACE AND ALL MEMBERS WHO WANT TO COME MAY COME IF THEY WISH. BEETLE YOU HAVE TO SHOW UP MAN.

Comment

i am not quite following. is this an event for us or are we joining what the msp.com people originated. what did you mean they'll look into it? they'll look into if they'll let us join them?
                    This is an event for all of us especially all the local guys (Team NIPRO). The bbq originated from the other forum beetle and we now have confirmation that it will not be closing early. They actually want to meet the guys from this forum except you guys never show up. So there should be no excuses from anyone this time with dates because we all have about a month or so to schedule that day "open for bbq." It is going to be great guys believe me.

Comment

AND HOW COME YOU DIDN'T INVITE ME!!!!!!!!! BEYOTCHES you better believe i'll show as always soon to be kitted & boosted.
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
                        AND HOW COME YOU DIDN'T INVITE ME!!!!!!!!! BEYOTCHES you better believe i'll show as always soon to be kitted & boosted.

What part of all members invited did you not get my friend. All members here are invited. You now that you were invited the whole time. If you make that 2 hour trip you are always invited.

Comment

its gonna be a 2 hour drive for me as well, looking forward to it.

Mods:

Comment

its gonna be a 2 hour drive for me as well, looking forward to it.
                            For the drive or for the bbq? I forgot you were 2 hours away too beetle. Lol.

Comment

haha im 6.2 minutes from the zion beach
                              1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

Working...
                              X