wow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow

i'm the first one to post in the audio section, does that make me the king:D for any new memebers who find this forum, here are a few guidlines:

1) i can be a dick. don't take it personally.
    2) i love to help when i comes to car audio. ask me whatever questions you have.
    3) i'll be the first to admit i don't know too much about SQ competition systems, but if you want SQL/SPL, i know a substantial amount.
    4) petty bull**** arguements where nothing productive comes out of it will not be tolerated. if you are going to argue/discuss audio, make sure legitimate information is presented, and don't make it an "i'm just right and you're wrong" arguement.

hopefully more of the members from the former protegeclub will find their way over here

show them whose man!
    :D

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

word Blue, start regulating this sh!t over here....how is the system going...you ever do that fiberglass rear deck you talked about a while ago..
      2000 DX, Blue
      Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
      2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

Originally posted by mixmaster_matt
        word Blue, start regulating this sh!t over here....how is the system going...you ever do that fiberglass rear deck you talked about a while ago..
        for all those who have dealt with me for a while, please feel free to drop me a PM if you think i'm out of line on anything. but i would like to keep the BS to a minimum here:D i've got the startings for the rear deck, but didn't like how it was coming out, so i haven't bothered with it i'm concentrating on the interior of my car now, mainly the dash and door panels. i'll also be building a new box or 2 for my brahma:D one is a better designed 6th order bandpass box, which i'll utilize port inserts for SPL comps. the other is a horn loaded box. it's been a pain designing the horn, but it's got a lot of potential

Comment

Hey blue, havent talked to ya for awhile over at pclub... anway glad to see that you are still around even if we did have arguments over my type R 12" and your wahtever the hell it is:D

Comment

since when the hell have you been a dick??? ideally, you're our go to sound guy, but sometimes you've got this strong SPL/ported box bias...
            peace

Comment

Originally posted by demoninvictus
              since when the hell have you been a dick??? ideally, you're our go to sound guy, but sometimes you've got this strong SPL/ported box bias...
              peace
              i can be a dick when someone questions what i know for a fact is right i do have a tendancy to be rather sarcastic, though:D yeah, i've very biased towards SPL, it's just my thing:p

asylum24, how the type R sounding? i've got a few box designs in the works for my brahma 10. i'm hoping to break the 150 dB barrier with a single 10 in stock 1 class for spring break nationals next year and in a few months i'll have my own SPL meter for testing, so it'll be easier to tune at home. and that means that anyone in the FL and SC areas can get their system metered for free:D

Comment

sounds really good...sounds aa lot better now with tthe new amp.... that 600 watt clarious Profile was horrible... not clean at all.. the abss was a lil too sloppy for me so i went by the store and just bought my alpine MRD M500 its soooo much cleaner... if you could break the 150 mark with 1 10... that has to be some sort of record within itself!

Comment

i know 150 dB has been broken with a single 10, just not in the stock class hell, if four 8's or a single 15 can break the 170 dB mark in extreme vehicles, i'm sure 150 is attainable in my car:p good choice with the amp. i'm sure it sounds noticably better i'm looking into the MA audio 4,400 watt amp it'll give me 1600 watts rms at 4 ohm for daily driving, but 4400 when i drop the load to 1 ohm for comps:p

Comment

DEAR LORD!!! 4400!?! got a link to this thing? BTW what makes up the classes like why are considered stock?

Comment

Wow 4400 watt. That is insane. I can't even begin to imagine how loud that could be.

Comment

here's the link:

it's the HK-802SX

each organization has slightly different rules for the classes. i compete in iasca's idbl comps. here's a basic run down of the stock classes for idbl:

the sub enclosure must be in the OEM cargo area.
                        one amplifier and one cap may be used per sub.
                        the vehicle interior must remain stock, or stock equivalent.
                        OEM approved seats must be installed.
                        speakers forward of B pillar are for SQ purposes only.
                        no pick-up cut throughs (box in bed of truck, back wall of cabin cut out)
                        boxes in SUV's and vans can be no taller than 25" and can be no further forward than half the distance from B pillar to back of vehicle.
                        no affiliation or sponsorship from anyone in the car audio industry. all equipment must be purchased through retail channels.
                        no walls.

the stock catagory is broken into subwoofer area.
                        1-160 sq in. two 10's at most, or three 8's, or a single 12. no 15's.
                        161-260 sq in. five 8's, or three 10's, or two 12's, or one 15, or one 18.
                        261+ is anything over ^^^

now dB drag is a bit different.
                        they have the street division rather than stock division.

street A:
                        maximum of 2 subs up to 12", or one sub that is no larger than 15"
                        street B:
                        maximum of 4 subs up to 12", or 2 subs no larger than 15", or one 18"
                        no more than 2 voice coils per sub.
                        cargo vans and commercial vehicles are prohibited.
                        no sponsored vehicles.

Comment

so basically sonce the interior is stock and you only have one 10 thts what makes u stock?

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                            so basically sonce the interior is stock and you only have one 10 thts what makes u stock?
                            yep:D i've thought about adding a second 10 and another amp, but that's going to cost another $700 and i'd only do that for a large ported box designed for SPL, but it'd have a port insert for daily driving

Comment

150 has NEVER BEEN BROKEN in stock class in iasca???

well see what mr. xxx has to say about that

just wish i didn't have to wait a few more months to get it.
                              '02 classic red p5
                              currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Working...
                              X