Apexi N1 Mufflers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apexi N1 Mufflers

Hey fellas, my proteges too quiet stock, so ive been looking around for some new mufflers to liven it up abit.. ive been looking at the apexi n1 because ive noticed alot of members have them, how are they? are they excessively loud? are they ricer mufflers, whats the full scoop on them? Or any good other alternatives you guys could think of that would be good, i just want something thats loud when i get on it, but resonably quiet under any other circumstances, not a ricebox muffler u can hear a mile away, but something you knows there, but not excessively loud
    Joe H
    2000 Chevy Impala
    3400 3.4 Liter V6
    Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
    U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
    Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Bafling in a muffler is bad mmkay?.....

Get a good intake, and a nice mandrel bent system, then add that muffler. You'll be pleased with it....

Come on Joe, I know you know about making powa Or is the idea here, just a little bit more noise when you punch it?
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Been driving around ricers too long, mine seems quiet
      Joe H
      2000 Chevy Impala
      3400 3.4 Liter V6
      Fun Times

Comment

Racing Beat catback. That is all.
        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

The N1 is going to be very loud on a n/a Protege. I second Negatize's motion. That or get the Corksport catback, that is what I run now.

Comment

Yeah, i just want something louder though... its pretty sad when theres someone walking directly behind your car in a parking lot or something and you rev to 4K and the guy dosent even look over because the cars stupidly quiet
            Joe H
            2000 Chevy Impala
            3400 3.4 Liter V6
            Fun Times

Comment

Have you considered buying the Racing Beat muffler from a MP3? I did that on my old 1.6, it wasn't very loud, but you could tell there was an exhaust on there. You could probably find one for about $50-60 (axleback).

Comment

Originally posted by Vash00es
                Yeah, i just want something louder though... its pretty sad when theres someone walking directly behind your car in a parking lot or something and you rev to 4K and the guy dosent even look over because the cars stupidly quiet
                Strange because you can hear mine with a stock exhaust at 4k! Sure its not loud and its mostly intake noise but its there!
                **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
                95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

The Racing Beat axle back seems to be hard to come by, all the places that sell them only sell as a cat back. I've been searching for one for 5-6 months and finally got one off a 03 Mazdaspeed on eBay last week.
                  Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

Take a look at the dynomax super turbo. I've heard its got a nice deep sound without that crappy ricer hiss. You'll have to size your own and maybe do some creative installation because they don't make em specifically for a first gen. Or you could pay somebody for an install. I'm gonna get one soon. Very inexpensive 30$+ depending on where you look.
                    94 Protege LX

Comment

Don't try to be like a ricer. You have a protege, your soo much better then they are. You gotta act like it. Any idiot can add a coffee can exhaust. Protege's are in their own league.
                      94 Protege LX

Comment

I have a 2" in/out 5x8 (IIRC) oval magnaflow, I like it, and I've never gotten a second look from cops. From discussing with other drivers and the guys at the exhaust shop, they said a canister (round) muffler is going to be the annoying/ricerish sound that you're not looking for.

Comment

Had anyone who actually owns this muffler commented on this post?
                          1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

Ive already found my exhaust solution

Im gonna go with a OBX Header connected to a MAM midpipe w/ high flow cat, connected to the racingbeat catback
                            Joe H
                            2000 Chevy Impala
                            3400 3.4 Liter V6
                            Fun Times

Comment

I'd be careful with that setup. The midpipe is going to cause a lot of droning at highway speeds. Atleast this is the case with the 2.0 people, many complain about the excessive sound.

Comment

Working...
                              X