• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated Mazda 6 / Atenza?

I noticed this press release

http://www.mazda.com/publicity/relea...06/0623ae.html

Originally posted by Mazda
    Select quotes from the link

Mazda Motor Corporation today announced the sales launch of the freshened Mazda Atenza at Mazda and Mazda Anfini dealers throughout Japan....

The freshened Atenza has a greatly improved feeling of quality from modifications such as a sportier exterior, refined styling, and a redesigned interior center panel. The five-speed ‘Activematic’ automatic transmission (AT) that had only been available for the four-wheel drive model up to now has been made standard for all models, and a six-speed manual transmission newly replaces the five-speed manual transmission (MT). Driving performance improvements have also been sought through strengthened body rigidity. New equipment has enhanced the superb ride comfort...

Driving Performance
    -Electronically-controlled five-speed automatic transmission (AT) (Activematic)
    The number of parts has been minimized in the transmission, and this lighter, more compact five-speed AT was introduced. The time lag when shifting has also been reduced, producing a smooth driving sensation.-Six-speed MT
    Improvements in acceleration, particularly in the low-to-mid speed range, have resulted from setting the cross gear ratio for optimal performance.-Greater brake diameter
    The 23Z model has 18-inch alloy tires as standard equipment, using 17-inch large diameter disc brakes (front 320mm, rear 314mm) for better braking power.-Strengthened body rigidity
    Driving performance has been enhanced through localized body rigidity strengthening, primarily in the frame and B-pillar areas. -Improved quietness
    Sound insulating properties have been improved through reinforced insulation and changed drain hole positions.
    I realize the Atenza in Japan isn't manufactured in the same factory, will other markets get these improvements some time? I think a 5-speed auto and 6-speed manual on all trim lines would be welcome.
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

I wish the MS6 had fold down rear seats.

Comment

Don't think so, for "chassis rigidity"
      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Not according to some review I read a long time ago. They probably put chassis braces there. I will read the more recent specs(you can "build" your MS6 on the website)

Comment

Unless I am blind, I don't see any mention of folding seats:
          http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/pdf/..._specs_MS6.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by charles
            Unless I am blind, I don't see any mention of folding seats:
            http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/pdf/..._specs_MS6.pdf
            your blind.

pg 9 of 10

under capactities it lists "seats folded"

60.5 vs 33.7 cu ft.

lol, took me a while to find it though.
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

I wish I had the current issue of Mazda FUEL, but I forgot to get one at work. They had an article on the 2006 Mazda 6, and what was different...off the top of my head:
              the V6 goes from 220hp to 215 due to modifications for better driveability.
              18" wheels now available on grand touring and sport touring models.
              Options go from 47 in 2005 to 37 in 2006
              some color differences
              front and rear bumpers/grill differences
              interior door panels are slightly different
              Navagation now available
              HID now available

I'll scan the whole article tomarrow after work.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
              On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
              My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                your blind.

pg 9 of 10

under capactities it lists "seats folded"

60.5 vs 33.7 cu ft.

lol, took me a while to find it though.
                Warning lights: parking brake, high-beam, check engine, oil pressure, battery charge,

defrost-on, seatbelts, airbags, O/D off (A/T only), door ajar, low fuel

I don't think it comes with an automatic. I think they left some stuff in the PDF from other models. But it definintely doesn't have folding seats listed as a feature.

Comment

Originally posted by charles
                  Warning lights: parking brake, high-beam, check engine, oil pressure, battery charge,

defrost-on, seatbelts, airbags, O/D off (A/T only), door ajar, low fuel

I don't think it comes with an automatic. I think they left some stuff in the PDF from other models. But it definintely doesn't have folding seats listed as a feature.
                  then why is it listed under capacity? under EPA cargo volume.

Comment

Why does it say automatic transmission? Because they forgot to take it out

Comment

Here's that article I mentioned:

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                      On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                      My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

very nice.

Comment

Working...
                        X