pissed at my car and want to drive it into a tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pissed at my car and want to drive it into a tree

Setup up shop today and had everything ready that i needed...i put the front of the car up on jacks and removed the tires. then i dropped the k member only to find out that it will only fall so far because of the transmission crossmember. so i go to the front of the cross member and all seems to go well at start... bolts seem to break free....but with a lot of torque. i had to use an extender bar to get that torque too...(I lack air tools).....needless to say halfway through the bolts snapped and things became unpretty.

so once again im ****ed....but this time i have to take it to the local machine shop and have them remove both of the bolts.

im not even gonna bother to try and remove them cause i know something bad will happen....

so meanwhile until i can get the old ones out and new ones put in... im essencially without transmission mounts. and driving it is asking for more bad things to happen and my exauhst to break even further,argh

just needing to vent.....
    oh and to all others don't try starting a project like adding a front swaybar on unless your expecting things to go wrong. cause they do and always will.

IM afraid of the horrid mess of bad things to come when i swap my new suspension on. shutter.....
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

yea the curse of old cars, dont forget went undoing bolts and nuts
    your best friend is trans fluid and a penatration oil

spray all the bolts you intent to take off, goto sleep for the night come back in the morning, spray them again wait 15mins, break the bolt free then spray the bolt/nut again and then remove completly

it almost works everytime, unless the bolt is so rusted you cant tell the size anymore, those are a bitch
    No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

yeah I have that curse too. I just in the past 3 months had to replace Radiator, Battery, battery connection terminals, amp wiring kit, fix my loopy idle, two new tires, and alignment.
      Last edited by D323; 10-20-2003, 02:18 PM.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Yeah I just got over $1200 in body work done, and like 350 worth of custom exhaust done. And like 2 days after The transmission is screwed over with no warning
        It seems like when you try to make your car look and run better something else breaks.

90 Mazda Protege LX 5-Speed (currently 4 sale)
        -Mods...who care's anymore?DOHC anyone

Comment

hey no fear, what all did you get done? i'm looking into a new hood and fender eventually and a new paint job, just wondering what kind of shop you used for the painting.
          peace

Comment

Working...
          X