Should get a kick out of this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should get a kick out of this.

Ok ive got a 94 protege lx. My baby. Over last summer I had just finished this sick install of a 12 eclispe dvc aluminum. Put a sheet of MDF down in the trunk. I even cut it into sections so i could pull pieces out to get out the spair and jack. I built myself a custom box that fit perfectly snug in the left side of the trunk and put commercial carpet throughout the whole thing. I'm at college right now so the stuff had to be rugged.

Well anyway I had a case of beer in my trunk one night and I guess I hit a big bump that poped the trunk open but no enought that I noticed it. I parked it and came back a few days later to find that the beer had been stolen and the somebody tried to steal the sub and box also, but they couldnt get it out. Muwahaha. me 1 them 1 (they got the beer. So a month later I park it again while its snowing like a bastard out. 2 days later i get a call from campus police. They found my window busted in. 2500 worth of stuff had been stolen and they didnt even pop the trunk! To top it all off I found the case of beer that had been stolen a month before..empty in place of my stero. I've gotten over it thanks to insurance but hey everybody like a good story. Enjoy
    94 Protege LX

Amazing Stories, Ripleys Believe ir or Not.

So, Are you trying to say that you are inviting everybody free beer cause you scam your car insurance company and got away with it.

I dont get it. They stole from a Protege 94 which is valued around 2 grand, stole from your car or better say you cahrged the insurance company 2 grand for stuff inside the vehicle and they did not open the trunk. What, you left a Rolex watch on the dash? And that your case of beer was found where your stereo was, What they do? Hang out all night in your car in front of the dorm drinking your beer and listening to music and when they were done took the radio. Or maybe they were waiting for you and drinking your beer at the mean time to spank your butt for being such an Ace Ventura loser and because you did not show up they busted the window.

Maybe they just left you the beer cause they know you are environmentally driven do to the fact that you drive with your trunk open. Just dont drink with your trunk open its someplace you dont want to visit, specially if you leave it open for 2 days.

Comment

Originally posted by psiturbo
      So, Are you trying to say that you are inviting everybody free beer cause you scam your car insurance company and got away with it.

I dont get it. They stole from a Protege 94 which is valued around 2 grand, stole from your car or better say you cahrged the insurance company 2 grand for stuff inside the vehicle and they did not open the trunk. What, you left a Rolex watch on the dash? And that your case of beer was found where your stereo was, What they do? Hang out all night in your car in front of the dorm drinking your beer and listening to music and when they were done took the radio. Or maybe they were waiting for you and drinking your beer at the mean time to spank your butt for being such an Ace Ventura loser and because you did not show up they busted the window.

Maybe they just left you the beer cause they know you are environmentally driven do to the fact that you drive with your trunk open. Just dont drink with your trunk open its someplace you dont want to visit, specially if you leave it open for 2 days.
      Oh I'm sorry maybe I used to many big words for you to undersand. You seemed stressed its just a freakin story. I'll break it down so even you can get it.

aholes stole beer from my trunk cus i didnt notice it had poped open.
      aholes broke into my car later to get rest of stuff.
      aholes drink my beer and return empty case to my car.
      94 Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by psiturbo

Why the hostility? Posts like this only make you look like an utter !

More on point, what are you even saying? Did you re-read your post before you decided to hit "Submit Reply" or "Post Quick Reply"? Rambling does not transcend into coherent thought.

See, the question to ask would be, if you have a $2000 dollar car, why would you put $2500 in the stereo instead? Thats a formidable question with in itself. But never the less my friends, it DOES suck to lose that much. But thats why you insure expensive add-ons from theft. I have $1500 in coverage for my stereo system just to keep myself sane, should anything get stolen. It's not really all that necessary, but it sure as hell takes the sting out of the uneventful theft or damage in an accident.
        Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin
          Why the hostility? Posts like this only make you look like an utter !

More on point, what are you even saying? Did you re-read your post before you decided to hit "Submit Reply" or "Post Quick Reply"? Rambling does not transcend into coherent thought.

See, the question to ask would be, if you have a $2000 dollar car, why would you put $2500 in the stereo instead? Thats a formidable question with in itself. But never the less my friends, it DOES suck to lose that much. But thats why you insure expensive add-ons from theft. I have $1500 in coverage for my stereo system just to keep myself sane, should anything get stolen. It's not really all that necessary, but it sure as hell takes the sting out of the uneventful theft or damage in an accident.
          Kevin
          damn strait. i only got 600 from insurance, damn deductable. but hey leson learned. no more expensive crap is going in there as long as i live in rochester
          94 Protege LX

Comment

My stereo is worth much more than my car... why would you give him **** for that? It's not feasible for everyone to buy a more expensive car... I didn't drop all $2000 at once, it built up over time...
            1994 DX SOHC Auto (Tropical Emerald Metallic)
            Panasonic CQ-C8400 HU
            eDi 6500 Components
            Arc Audio KAR 200.2
            Elemental Designs NINe.1 Amp (1000W@2 ohm)
            eD 16ov2 IB
            eDead
            Autopage Security System + Power locks!!(KEYLESS ENTRY!)
            cardomain

Comment

Dude it might just be me, but i find that **** hillarious... someone steals your beer and tries to take more stuff, but dosent.. then a month later they take the rest, and leave the empty beer
              Joe H
              2000 Chevy Impala
              3400 3.4 Liter V6
              Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
              U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
              Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

yeah my **** was broken into last summer, they took a grand in **** it sucks but **** happens , just next time make it so it wont get stolen haha

Comment

Originally posted by Chad
                  yeah my **** was broken into last summer, they took a grand in **** it sucks but **** happens , just next time make it so it wont get stolen haha

security screws/hardware works to slow theives down. that's when a good 2-way paging alarm and a handgun works well

Comment

Back when I was in the process of installin my system, some bastards broke out my window and stole my cd deck. It wasn't an amazing one, only like $350, but what was amazing what they completely didn't acknowledge the fact there were pre-outs attached. And sitting in my trunk were 2 15"s and a $800 amp that wasn't even mounted down yet. They could have jacked my amp in less than 15 seconds had they put down the seats. When I opened up my car, there was a lot of initial swearing, and then a sigh of relief... coulda been a lot worse.

Thought i'd post my story. I think the whole returning-the-beer concept is both hilarious and total dick. You definately should have invested in an alarm. My 2 cents.
                    To each his own... my own just happens to be ****ty.
                    http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/627186

Comment

Mine got hit twice, I was more pissed about the windows than anything else. The second time they actually took my HU, first time they just broke my window

Comment

From now on i figure ill just leave my car unlocked. If somebodys gonna steal stuff out of it a window isnt gonna stop them and the onlything it'll get me is another busted window I have to fix. I'll save myself the trouble. Either that or get one of those flamethrower alarm systems. mmmm toasty
                        94 Protege LX

Comment

that's not a guarantee, they may not notice that its unlocked, and no, I'm not kidding.

Comment

I had this idea the otherday to instal a few air horns inside the car leave it unlocked and when somebody pops there head in their head goes pop
                            94 Protege LX

Comment

I know of people that put Hella Super Tones on the inside of their car, on battery backup, tied into their alarm system. Over 100db at <4 ft IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                              X