Boost Levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boost Levels

I was wondering if turning up the boost to 10 psi from 6.9 psi stock would be too risk for the MazdaSpeed Protege.

I read that they did not change the internals of the engine for the Mazdaspeed so I was wondering if 10 would be overly damaging to my engine.
    03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege

MAM Built Block, Microtech EMS on the way

HiBoost FMIC--Greddy Profec-B SpecII--AWR Front Mount, RR-inserts in rear--Injen SRI--PLX Wideband

88 MX6 LX-Turbo - DEAD

If I'm not mistaken, I've heard of people using at least 12 psi with stock protege engines.

But it also depends on the type of turbo. I'd imagine that the MSP could take 10 psi pretty easily, but I doubt it would be good for daily driving.

Not to mention it would void your warranty.

Just be careful in there and do plenty of research.
    '99 Protege ES

Mostly stock.

Comment

About the warrenty thing, couldn't I just take off the boost controller and it would look like I did nothing.

I have a ball and spring boost controller from my MX6 and it is easy and quick to put on/off.

But I definatly don't want to lose my warrenty.

If I put an intake on does that void the warrenty? I bet I could have Mazda do it, but I don't want to pay for installation of that.
      03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege

MAM Built Block, Microtech EMS on the way

HiBoost FMIC--Greddy Profec-B SpecII--AWR Front Mount, RR-inserts in rear--Injen SRI--PLX Wideband

88 MX6 LX-Turbo - DEAD

Comment

Yeah, you could just take off the boost controller before going to the dealership, but if they any evidence of tampering, they might accuse you of messing with it. It's just depends if you want to take the risk.

As for the intake, it would only void your warranty for that part, or if the intake was directly responsible for other damage.
        '99 Protege ES

Mostly stock.

Comment

Working...
        X