oil checking ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil checking ?

ok... got a quick question abt the oil dipstick... ive been checking my oil every week just to c if the engine burns it or not (its at 235k.. lots of miles)... at the end of the stick .. u know how it says E and F... ok it says tht on 2 sides rite ? in 1 side my oil reads like till F.. the other side seems kinda dry...ummm wats goin on really ???

Maybe a dumb question, but do you wipe the stick then recheck it?
    -Kevin
    -90 Miata 1- #80 CSP, '01 1.8L Swap w/ working VVT
    -90 Miata 2 - $2005/6/7 Turbocharged GRM Challenger
    -91 Tracer - $2008/9 AWD Converted Turbocharged Challenger
    -94 MX3 - #8 Hong Norrth LeMons/Chumpcar Racer
    -02.5 Protege5 - The Daily

Comment

yeap did so... still same...

Comment

our dip sticks don't work worth a ****, especially after 9+ years of operation. my suggestion to you is take a piece of sandpaper, 60 to 100 grit should work fine... pull out your dip stick and whipe it clean of oil, then sand the tip (bout 4 inches up totally) down until all old oil residue is gone, rinse off very well with water and dry completely. then check your oil again and see if you don't get a better result. also, when checking your oil, make sure the car is warm, turn it off and wait 5 minutes for all of the oil to set back down into the oil pan, then check it.
        peace
        ps. oh, and keeping the car level also helps

Comment

i beleive its all bout the way the stick enters the oil pan, its on it side i beleve, but anyway ive done a many oil refills on my old pro, and it did the same full or empty, its just normal
          No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

Working...
          X