Need help adjusting coilovers on 02 P5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help adjusting coilovers on 02 P5

Hey there peeps, I recently bought a 02 P5 with a set of coilovers on. And the car sits way to low in the back. So i was thinking of adjusting them to make the ride a lil bit better and so no rubbing goes on when I hit a bump. But I dont really know how to adjust them. Like is there some valve or screw I have to tighten or loosen or what. I know I have to get tension off the spring. But thats it. I dont even know what brand the coilovers are. So any help on adjusting these things would be greatly appreciated.

Well it would help if you knew the brand, but since we don't have that info let's try this. I have Ground Control coilovers on my car and to adjust them you have to jack up the side of the car you want to adjust. You should see a coller around the bottom of the spring I believe. It will have direction arrows on it, use a very large allen wrench and adjust in the correct direction.

Comment

Alright thanks, I'll have to try that. I'm just about to go out and try to adjust them actually so thank god I checked the forum before hand. Ill keep you up to date if that works. Later.

Comment

hey there, ok so I took the tire off and check to see if the name of the coilovers was on there. And believe it or not they are ground control, so I was very happy about that. And i got tension off the spring and was wondering is it usually really hard to turn the allen wrench to adjust them. Or is it typically really easy? Thanks again for all the help, later.

Comment

You should encounter some resistance when trying to adjust the sleeves. So long as you are using a strong allen wrench it shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

Working...
          X