96 1.5l Throttle body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

96 1.5l Throttle body?

Ok so im "cleaning" my engine bay tonight and I start to srub on the throttle body(i think tahts what it is, connects the headers to the intake) anyway... and I see a lil mitsu logo... am I the only one or does anyone else ahvea mitsu logo on it? I mean if we have the same part as a mitsubishi and then the car that has the same part has after market one would think that they could use the aftermarket parts for the mitsu on the mazda... did that make any since... sorry i dont have a pic... camera is at work

wait till you see your CPU
    Bruce
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

ok taht didnt help me at all.... and what brand is the CPU? and where exactly is hte cpu for the 2nd gen?

Comment

the cpu is under the center console and it has the mitsubishi symbol all over it ..

They make a lot of electrical components for a lot of cars
        Bruce
        Last edited by bruce95fmla; 09-01-2003, 06:37 PM.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

so in that case couldnt you use a permormance chip that was made for a mitsubishi car if hte CPU is also made for mitsubishi?

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
            so in that case couldnt you use a permormance chip that was made for a mitsubishi car if hte CPU is also made for mitsubishi?
            Not bloody likely, the part itself might be made by Mitsu, but the programming comes from Mazda.
            Ryan The middle child is always ignored
            BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
            Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

well damn... i was hoping to find something that every mazda protege in the world had overlooked and i would become famous... oh well

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                Not bloody likely, the part itself might be made by Mitsu, but the programming comes from Mazda.
                Yeah Mazda might have told mitsu what they wanted and then mitsu programed it ...
                Bruce

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

... apparently this is true, BUT have anyone on earth tried to make sure?
                  Ex-nitrado, now only CAIdo

Comment

Working...
                  X