2002 Protege front speaker installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2002 Protege front speaker installation

Hi everyone, new to the forums and kind of a novice on installation, but I am learning! Have a quick, hopefully not stupid question.

I bought some component speakers for my car, installed the amp in the back, ran the speaker wire along the passanger side (since the amp wire was on the other side), now, took the door panels off, my question is, since I am going to power the speakers with the amp, what is the best way to get the speaker wire from the car into the door so I can connect the speakers. I looked under my glove box and I can see wiring from the body running into the car door inside looks like rubber tubing, but I don't see any space to get that wire through that hole into the car door. This may sound stupid, and I even had a friend who knows some stuff about installation, and he is kind of baffled too. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also, where is the best place to mount the tweeters for the component system in your guys opinion, thanks! Hope that all made sense!

-Noah

1st of all, welcome to the forums!!

it's a pain in the butt to do but the deal is you take the back rubber tubing you speak of and disconnect it from the dash to door and get to the plugs them selves and carefully dremel out the section that is not being used. The back ones were way easier than the front due to lack of work space.
    Like this:

Best place for Tweeters to me is in the triangular sills in front of door but mine came with them installed so you might be able to fid a set at the salvage yard or eBay? Where do you live? If close to Cincinnati, Ohio I could drop by and help out.

-Dean
    Last edited by DeanSweetP5; 08-08-2005, 10:17 AM.
    'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
    -Dean
    2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
    18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
    Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
    MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
    Injen CAI - Polished
    Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
    DaveB trim rings
    Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
    Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
    Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
    Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
    Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
    Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
    Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
    Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

Haha, I live in Minnesota. But my parents live like an hour from Cincinatti which is funny. Ok, that's what I was thinking. I have noticed a ton of people making there own tweeter pods, but I have NO clue how to fiberglass so I wasnt sure if custom audio places can custom make those for you or not. I was also thinking of just putting them on the triangular sills. But I saw someone on here actually cutting a hole in the door below the sills, but I don't know if I am brave enough to do that yet! Thanks for the picture though, it helped a lot!

Anyone else have pictures or recomendations??
      Last edited by damageinc78; 08-08-2005, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Mazdas247 is an independent community featuring Discussion Forums, Classifieds and Resources for Mazda vehicles.

Comment

Working...
        X