engine brace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine brace?

has anyone found a way to make functional engine brace for the 1.8?, it seems like i'm getting a lot of shaking when i'm going down the track.
    thanks
    andrew
    95 neo w/ gtr motor
    FMIC, Turbosmart e-boost
    12.97@115 on street tires
    My vBgarage

What do you mean engine brace? Your motor mounts? I got polyurethane mounts for the front and rear tranny mounts, they work very well, no movement when I was on the dyno. Try that or fill them to make em solid.
    BP-05 Turbo-Sold
    2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Are u talkin about like a bobble strut on the motor?

Comment

well, that was my first thought, (the strut) I was wondering if anyone has one so i could get some feedback, and mabey a pic. However, i like the thought of the polyurathane motor mounts, Who sells them? corksport?
        thanks
        Andrew
        95 neo w/ gtr motor
        FMIC, Turbosmart e-boost
        My vBgarage

Comment

Our cars dont come with bobble struts. But my old neon did, and it helped so much with wheel hop, when i replaced mine. Im pretty sure u can get one made to fit...or something like that.

heres a link to a good one.
          suspension, polyurethane, poly, bushings, restoration, prothane, mopar, shelby, polly, poly bushings, polybushings
          Last edited by jitb37; 08-08-2005, 08:19 PM.

Comment

make them yourself ... I did and I am happy

Comment

lex, you have a picture?
              95 neo w/ gtr motor
              FMIC, Turbosmart e-boost
              My vBgarage

Comment

Originally posted by jitb37
                Our cars dont come with bobble struts. But my old neon did, and it helped so much with wheel hop, when i replaced mine. Im pretty sure u can get one made to fit...or something like that.

heres a link to a good one.
                http://polybushings.com/pages/neonbobble.html
                awesome link. I may get one of those once the GTX is in to help reduce play.
                The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

You can also buy motor mounts from Mazdaspeed motorsports if you're a member. If those still aren't stiff enough, fill 'em. 3M window weld is the **** to use.
                  My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
                  - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by mike_moss
                    You can also buy motor mounts from Mazdaspeed motorsports if you're a member. If those still aren't stiff enough, fill 'em. 3M window weld is the **** to use.

I gotta find some of that stuff.... I have been looking locally, but I cant find anywhere that carries that crap. Anyone know if I can order the stuff online?

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                      I gotta find some of that stuff.... I have been looking locally, but I cant find anywhere that carries that crap. Anyone know if I can order the stuff online?
                      Advance Auto Parts has it in the stores or you can order it through their website.
                      If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
                      -----
                      Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
                      Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
                      Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

Originally posted by ftjandra
                        Advance Auto Parts has it in the stores or you can order it through their website.
                        bah... says its currently not available.

Any other places?

edit ~> nevermind... found a few that have it for cheaper anyways.

think 1 tube would be enough? I plan to fill all 4 mounts.
                        Last edited by D323; 08-10-2005, 03:52 PM.

Comment

i know this sounds odd, but someone told me you can use those ratchet straps and hook it from your intake mani or from the rear engine lift point and hook it to your rad support and ratchet it down to create less engine torque. also i've heard of people using industrial size zip ties and compressing their front springs and zip tieing them together to create less lift in the front during launches and shifts.

JACK
                          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered
                            i know this sounds odd, but someone told me you can use those ratchet straps and hook it from your intake mani or from the rear engine lift point and hook it to your rad support and ratchet it down to create less engine torque. also i've heard of people using industrial size zip ties and compressing their front springs and zip tieing them together to create less lift in the front during launches and shifts.

JACK

OMG, if that does work EEEEEEEEEKKKKK , but none the less blody getto.
                            Speed Is Nothing Without Control.

Comment

Weapon R makes an engine damper kit for the MSP. It's an adjustable, hydraulic strut and might be adaptable to your car. I believe it mounts between #3 engine mount and the strut tower. Check it out at:

Happy Motoring!
                              02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                              MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                              MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                              Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                              MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                              Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                              Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                              Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                              Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                              Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                              Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                              Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                              Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Working...
                              X