just got a 03 protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just got a 03 protege

hey im new to clubprotege and i only had my 03 protege dx since yesterday and im looking for some sites with gear i can put in my car and some pics where i can get an idea of what i can do with this car well any info would be nice thanks a bunch
    03 SILVER DX: 30% IN FRONT AND 20% TINT IN BACK, 600W SONY XPLOD AMP, 2 10'' SUBS, 3 3/8'' TACH W/SHIFT LIGHT
    check it out at
    members.cardomain.com/phoenixzero

welcome! kick back, help urself to the fridge, and try to avoid the passed out members. im sure ull find this site helpful, and just poke around for ideas and what not...ur car is a great platform to start with...there are a couple of engine swaps (bp-de is what id recommend ) and a LOT of body work u can do

Comment

www.ptuning.com, www.nopionline.com, www.corksport.com all make things for the Protege. I'm sure there are many more, but that's all I could think of right now.
      03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege

MAM Built Block, Microtech EMS on the way

HiBoost FMIC--Greddy Profec-B SpecII--AWR Front Mount, RR-inserts in rear--Injen SRI--PLX Wideband

88 MX6 LX-Turbo - DEAD

Comment

thanks

thanks for the help so far
        03 SILVER DX: 30% IN FRONT AND 20% TINT IN BACK, 600W SONY XPLOD AMP, 2 10'' SUBS, 3 3/8'' TACH W/SHIFT LIGHT
        check it out at

Comment

no prob man, but im not the biggest authority on 3rd gens

Comment

Woohoo! Another DX! Welcome.
            ~Mark.
            2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

Us DX'ers are starting to take this forum over. It seems that every new member these days has a DX. Welcome and I can answer many of your 3rd gen exterior questions.

Comment

i still think he should do a bp swap...maybe even a 1g trade up

Comment

Also check out these:

From hardtops for your Mazda or Fiat to carbon fiber parts for your Speed 3, DG Motorsports has the great design, great fit and outstanding value you are looking for.

Body kits are our specialty! More than 45 brands of body kits all in one store. We sell carbon fiber hoods, lambo doors, and ground effects.

Enjoy your stay.

Comment

say thanks again

yea just wanna say thanks ya for the help maybe in a few i'll post some pics up
                    check it out at

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
                      Us DX'ers are starting to take this forum over. It seems that every new member these days has a DX. Welcome and I can answer many of your 3rd gen exterior questions.
                      close but not every

Comment

welcome! the best way to find good sites (and bad ones) is to just start wading through the information here. I have been on protege boards for a few months now, and have gained valuable insight on the protege world, whether it's performance mods, exterior/interior, or audio...

lots of nice and knowledgable folks here. If you have a problem, someone here has likely had it before. Enjoy your pro!
                        My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
                        JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
                        AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

Originally posted by iwokeupfrmadrea
                          welcome! kick back, help urself to the fridge, and try to avoid the passed out members. im sure ull find this site helpful, and just poke around for ideas and what not...ur car is a great platform to start with...there are a couple of engine swaps (bp-de is what id recommend ) and a LOT of body work u can do
                          Ehh...a BP won't go into a 3rd gen without a TON of work. It's just not feasible.

Besides, I don't think he's willing to rip a perfectly good engine out of his brand new car.
                          -Kevin
                          -90 Miata 1- #80 CSP, '01 1.8L Swap w/ working VVT
                          -90 Miata 2 - $2005/6/7 Turbocharged GRM Challenger
                          -91 Tracer - $2008/9 AWD Converted Turbocharged Challenger
                          -94 MX3 - #8 Hong Norrth LeMons/Chumpcar Racer
                          -02.5 Protege5 - The Daily

Comment

Originally posted by kcbhiw
                            Ehh...a BP won't go into a 3rd gen without a TON of work. It's just not feasible.

Besides, I don't think he's willing to rip a perfectly good engine out of his brand new car.
                            didnt say it would be easy, but the bp's own all of the new engines...so hed be ripping a perfectly good engine out and replacing it with a perfectly better one

Comment

DX reprezentin... :p:
                              Emerald Mica 2k2 Protege DX
                              Mods: Kartboy SS & bushings, Kartboy shift knob, mudguards, tint
                              Sound: Alpine 9813, DEI 6.5 components, Adire Shiva, JBL 80.4, JBL 600.1, KnuKonceptz wiring

Comment

Working...
                              X