Konig networks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konig networks

Does anyone have these on their car? I'm bouncing back and forth from Networks to Heliums. They both seem like good relitivly light wheels(13.4 and 11.4 respectivly) although the heliums are only 6.5in wide vs 7.0in networks. 7.0in wide might help since I want to find some used 215/50's to see if they rub, but thats not a big concern for right now. So could someone please photoshop these wheels(networks) on a protege

Any opinions are welcome, and I'll try to get aa pic of my car after work.
    Attached Files
    1992 Mazda Protege LX w/Primer spots
    Plus new
    1991 Mazda Protege LX w/138,000mi

heliums. always liked them.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I had 17x7" heliums (40mm offset) with 205/40/17s on my 323 and protege and neither rubbed. 323 was lowered, as well.
      Dan
      dreesemonkey

Comment

I think 215's will rub, I had same setup on as funkdaddy just different wheels, and my pro is dropped 3", no rubbing. I don't know which wheel is which, but I like the wheel on the left, I like wider spacing between the spokes, but the universal lug holes kind-of suck

Comment

the left or top one is the Helium.

tough choice, but i think for the Protege, the Heliums.

Comment

doh...just noticed the Heliums are only 6.5" wide...in that case go for the Networks at 7.0" wide.

205/50 is all you really need for street driving.

Comment

you could fit 205s on a 6.5" wheel easily though, personally I've always liked the heliums, especially since they're < 12lbs

Comment

i didn't mean it from a tire fit standpoint, but a perforamnce one. that .5" more makes a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
                  i didn't mean it from a tire fit standpoint, but a perforamnce one. that .5" more makes a big difference.
                  what about the weight difference? i guess its just a trade off either way.

Comment

i'd take the extra width over a little added weight. The difference is still favorable for a 7" rim.

Comment

mmmm Konigs. I want a set for my MX-3 once I get her swapped. Lemme know if you find a good deal somewhere
                      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

For a first gen Protege I think about a 16" wheel in the Networks would look great with an aggressive drop. 17's always seem so large for those cars.

Comment

Originally posted by McCorkle
                          For a first gen Protege I think about a 16" wheel in the Networks would look great with an aggressive drop. 17's always seem so large for those cars.
                          ^agreed

Personally I like 16" because 50 series fit well and (at least for me) the speedo correction is minimal, so it's a nice meaty tire without having a huge sidewall, especially if you mount something with a stiffer sidewall (like Azenis or SO-3).

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
                            i'd take the extra width over a little added weight. The difference is still favorable for a 7" rim.
                            Darryl, if 215s would rub and 205s fit on a 6.5" wheel, what's the advantage of goign with a wider rim? I mean obviously if the car could take wider rubber it would make sense, but if not it doesn't make much sense.

I'm not being a jerk, I just didn't know if there was a difference I may not be thinking of.
                            Dan
                            dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
                              Darryl, if 215s would rub and 205s fit on a 6.5" wheel, what's the advantage of goign with a wider rim? I mean obviously if the car could take wider rubber it would make sense, but if not it doesn't make much sense.

I'm not being a jerk, I just didn't know if there was a difference I may not be thinking of.
                              footprint will still be wider, you could put the exact same tire on two wheels, the 7" wheel will have a wider footprint

Comment

Working...
                              X