Stillen Metal Matrix/DOT4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stillen Metal Matrix/DOT4

Okay, so as some of you may remember I had some lovely brake work done a few months ago, eventually everything was fixed and works well now. I waited to write this up until everything was broken-in and I'd had a chance to drive with this setup extensively. For break-in I really didn't do anything crazy, just drove carefully for about 500 miles (though there were a few panic stops from 35 and 50 mph: sudden red light and a possum, respectively).

Initial bite is relatively unchanged from OEM which I like because the brakes aren't too grabby in normal driving. Panic stop feel is improved, the pedal is solid without being too firm, still have room to modulate. Moderate braking is also improved. Moderate to heavy braking from 80+ mph is good with no noticeable fade (I don't know if that can be attributed to the pads or the fluid though). Overall, these are a good compromise between being aggressive and still being streetable. Cold performance seems good, however I haven't used them in sub-zero temps . . . yet. They perform the same on the first stop of the morning as they would at any other time.
Working...
X