Roomates new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roomates new car

I had posted a thread a while ago when my roomate totaled his '93 Volvo 240. He finally got a new car after a few weeks of raping my poor protege Here's the old thread:

Anyway, he had just flown to Missouri to get a '98 Volvo S70. What a sweet-bling pimp car it is! He did get a rape-job though because the dealer listed it as a 5spd, and he got all the way out there and it turned out to be an auto. In any case, he got them to take $500 off the asking price, and he bought it anyway...

Like I said, it's a '98 S70, Red, black leather inside, Moonroof, power EVERYTHING, dual climate control, premium (8 spk) sound, all sorts of goodies... Anyway, for the fun part, it's a turbo inline 5 making about 238hp. If it wasn't for the auto tranny, this thing would be quite a rocket. The torque is very nice (peaks around 240 odd ft/lbs), and there is little turbo-lag. He hasn't romped on it too hard yet, he is replacing the timing belt tomorrow in case it's in bad shape.

Very swanky car, definately a great commuting vehicle, plus it has some real nice power/tq.

I'll try and post some pics, it's pretty hot!
    Dan
    dreesemonkey

I hope it's nice and reliable, too bad about the auto tranny. What a dedication to Volvos
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Turbo-automatic is actually a pretty good combination. We had an Audi 5000 turbo with an auto when I was growing up. It was smooooooth...Just push the pedal down, and it just pulled and pulled. (It's also the car I took to prom! Very fond memories.)

I like those S70's. One of my neighbors has a midnight blue one. Very nice car.
      ~Mark.
      2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

Originally posted by charles
        I hope it's nice and reliable, too bad about the auto tranny. What a dedication to Volvos
        Yea, I hope it's reliable too... From driving it, everything seems great. Runs uber-smooth, tranny is fantastic (from being a auto, hehehe).

He IS a volvo nut, his whole family is actually.
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

Here are some pics:

* * 56K WARNING * *

No I'm not going to resize them! So don't click and complain!!!!!

I swear, don't click here if you don't want a list of large pics. I really mean it, too! No really! Don't do it!

Have a fantastic day!

Dan
          dreesemonkey

Comment

Damnit, you could've warned us about the huge pics.

But it looks nice.
            '99 Protege ES

Mostly stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Esquire
              Damnit, you could've warned us about the huge pics.

But it looks nice.
              Darn! Sorry about that Someone really needs to flame me for that... That would be awesome.
              Dan
              dreesemonkey

Comment

That's a nice car... I thought he had the coupe Volvo that is all rounded up and sleek as hell...
                Those coupes are frigin tight as hell..
                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                  That's a nice car... I thought he had the coupe Volvo that is all rounded up and sleek as hell...
                  Those coupes are frigin tight as hell..
                  Those are the C70s, they are beautiful. He originally wanted to get one of those, but they are a little out of his price range... I loved them ever since I saw that orange one in 'The Saint'
                  Dan
                  dreesemonkey

Comment

thats a sexy ass red color, nice car, but if i hadflown to get a cvar and i found out it was an auto i would have burned the building down.
                    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                    225.94wtq
                    torque monster!!!!
                    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Working...
                    X