Just crashed into a Curb tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just crashed into a Curb tonight

I have 13" stock rims on my car and I smacked a curb in the rain. No traction what so ever for cheapy tires. I bent the crap out of my rim (and possibly screwed my alignment since I immediately noticed the steering wheel no longer was straight)

My girl has a 90 protege LX with I think 15" stock rims on it. She just bought a new car tonight so I was thinking of swapping my wheels for hers. Would I need to adjust the speedometer or anything like that to compensate for the difference in size?

Figures the night we get a new car, I crash mine.
    1992 Protege DX 1.8L SOHC
    Currently 126K and counting

*** pictures coming soon ***

As long as you compensate with tire on the 15s you will only be off a tiny bit use this to see what sizes tire you need.

I'm going from 13in to 15in wheels and will only be off by .1% so at 60 on te speedo I will actually be going 60.1

170/75-13 to 195/50-15
    2005 Mazda 3

Comment

In the meantime, I found a 13" on the Junk Yard network online for $35 shipped.

Comment

Well, after getting a new rim, changing valve cover gasket, new distributor, thermostat, alignment, etc ... I crashed the gad damn car AGAIN! This time it wasn't even my fault.

Narrow back road, and a big truck coming around a blind curve. State trooper said it was the roads fault. Tell that to my car.

I'll post a pic in a few. Driveside front fender is smashed. I took it to a body shop, and they are going to let me know how much it is to pull the frame back into place. I found some parts pretty cheap, hood for $100, headlight (new) for $75, new bumper cover for $55, etc... Hopefully, there is nothing else that comes out of this. What a bummer.

I think this car is cursed. Funny thing is, it runs like a champ now after my tune up and the alignment is awesome, even after the crash!

Comment

Congrats that you got it fixed for cheap.

Careful from now on right
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Ive had afew close experiences with curb taking sharp ass highway offramps at too high speeds... but if you dont hit them, it is fun
            Joe H
            2000 Chevy Impala
            3400 3.4 Liter V6
            Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
            U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
            Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

If your girlfriend just bought a new car, why not see if you can have her old LX?
              1992 Mazda Protege LX w/Primer spots
              Plus new
              1991 Mazda Protege LX w/138,000mi

Comment

Working...
              X