body kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

body kit

Does anyone have a link to the cheapest (including shipping cost) body kit for a 98 protege?

I looked around but I'd like to see what others can find as well, maybe i missed something.

Ninja what happened to the shark style kit? Did the deal die or something? Get that and don't worry about other kits man. Go with your first instinct. You may regret it.

Comment

yea very true, you're right.

Comment

question tho, how do the APC euro style tail lights look? im trying to find a cheap set righ tnow the cheapest I found is $140. can you find them cheaper? do they look decent?

Comment

this is what I found now. these will work right? any cheaper?

Comment

you're kidding right?

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
            Mods:
            DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

no i saw that he had them on his car and i wanted to know how they look, to me i think they would look weird with the rest of the trunk lights looking the stock colors.

Comment

who had them on his 2nd gen? there is no way in hell those will fit a 2nd gen unless you do some body work.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
                Mods:
                DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
                http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Originally posted by dreamcastninja
                  http://store.wpsracing.com/eutamapr98ch.html

this is what I found now. these will work right? any cheaper?
                  have you looked at the back of your car recently?

Comment

Those are third gen lights.
                    They won't work on your car.
                    I seem to recall something like, the third gen was released in the 98 model year everywhere else in the world but NA, which is why you'll see alot of ads for those things saying they will fit 98-0? cars.
                    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

yea I was wondering about that, i went outside and looked at them and they didn't seme right at all... BUT

i found this ebay link

i wonder if he's lieing cuz he bought them before research and they didn't fit? i dunno... i'm glad you guys saved me some money, I like the stock lights anyway, i think they actually look like they belong, lol although, jdm lights would be nice if I knew where to get them.

Comment

talk to beetle
                        proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

There's a guy on cardomain who has the 3rd gen style tails on a 2nd gen. He has done a bit of work though. It's not an easy swap.

I don't have a link to his page and I never saved the images cuz I thought it looked dumb. The 2nd gens have the sweetest ass of all Proteges. Why ruin it?

Comment

yea very true, i dont get why you would do all that work for different lights, it's not that big of a deal.

Comment

Working...
                            X