323 1.6L ECU pin-out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

323 1.6L ECU pin-out

like the title says. does anyone have a 92 323 1.6L sohc ECU pinout? i'm helping a buddy with a Bp swap and we are kinda stuck.
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

Re: 323 1.6L ECU pin-out

Originally posted by Protoss
    like the title says. does anyone have a 92 323 1.6L sohc ECU pinout? i'm helping a buddy with a Bp swap and we are kinda stuck.
    Who's your buddy?
    The 1.8L SOHC ECU and 1.6L SOHC ECU have the same pinout. If he/she is using the SOHC harness to install the DOHC BP engine then it should be pretty simple. If you want drive to Montreal, and I'll wire it up in about an hour, provided I have the wiring removed from the DOHC harness (this take me about 15 minutes(if I'm lucky) to remove two wires from the ECU connector), you should be able to drive the car with the DOHC BP engine by using the SOHC harness and SOHC ECU, and/or SOHC/DOHC VAF. Make sure you use the SOHC fuel rail harness.
    92 323 with BP DOHC
    ported/polished head, regrinded cams, JUN adjustable cam gears, ported AFM, ported/knife edged intake manifold.

N/A project dropped.

Comment

???? arg... Grog confused. Grog want to smashy. buy remove the wires, what do you mean? can you go into this in some detail. remember me wiring idiot. do you mean cut the Dohc wiring harness from all but 2 wires? and then trace those 2 wires back?? it hinki might have to have you over for dinner sometime when it comes time to do the wiring in my car.

So his engine he goosed

Comment

???? arg... Grog confused. Grog want to smashy. buy remove the wires, what do you mean? can you go into this in some detail. remember me wiring idiot. do you mean cut the Dohc wiring harness from all but 2 wires? and then trace those 2 wires back?? it hinki might have to have you over for dinner sometime when it comes time to do the wiring in my car.
        I have a spare harness in my garage and I need to remove 3 wires to install on your SOHC harness. BTW I'm a mechanical engineer specialized in compressible fluid dynamics, and aerospace.
        92 323 with BP DOHC
        ported/polished head, regrinded cams, JUN adjustable cam gears, ported AFM, ported/knife edged intake manifold.

N/A project dropped.

Comment

What MIke means, is that you must remove the wire AND pin from the plug. Each wire is crimped to a pin which is inserted into the plug, the pin has a locking tab that mates with the plugs locking tab that prevents it from coming out of the plug. But by using a pick tool, you can either flex the pin tab or plug tab to remove the pin.

In this case, 2 wires AND pins must be removed from the plug, and either flip flopped or placed into different locations within the plug.

DO NOT CUT WIRES.

Comment

Im the one doing the swap
            I need the schematics I can do the wiring I have a 1.6L sohc and Im putting in a 1.8L dohc

Comment

Originally posted by bcowie
              Im the one doing the swap
              I need the schematics I can do the wiring I have a 1.6L sohc and Im putting in a 1.8L dohc
              What you need is three wires with the proper terminals. If you don't have the right terminals don't even bother. Get together with Brock(Protoss) and then I can swing by and do the wiring for both cars at a small price.
              92 323 with BP DOHC

N/A project dropped.

Comment

I don't need you to do it
                I won't pay anyoone more then 10$ to do it

Comment

I don't need you to do it
                  I won't pay anyoone more then 10$ to do it
                  Once I have the three wires with their terminal it takes about 5-10 minutes to install them into your ECU & distributor connectors, if you want me to pass them thru the firewall it take another 10-15 minutes. BTW it take me about 25-30 minutes to remove those three wires from an existing harness.

BTW $10 is cheap, my gas will cost me more than $10 and it takes me 1.5hrs to get to Ottawa. If you want you can pass by at my place and I can do it for you for about $30Cdn.
                  92 323 with BP DOHC

N/A project dropped.

Comment

meh
                    Im sure I can find someone to tell me which wires go where

Comment

meh
                      Im sure I can find someone to tell me which wires go where
                      That's the part you don't understand, YOU NEED WIRES WITH THE RIGHT TERMINALS!!!

Anyways...good luck.
                      92 323 with BP DOHC

N/A project dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by mike323
                        Once I have the three wires with their terminal it takes about 5-10 minutes to install them into your ECU & distributor connectors, if you want me to pass them thru the firewall it take another 10-15 minutes. BTW it take me about 25-30 minutes to remove those three wires from an existing harness.

BTW $10 is cheap, my gas will cost me more than $10 and it takes me 1.5hrs to get to Ottawa. If you want you can pass by at my place and I can do it for you for about $30Cdn.
                        I would be willing to cover gas. but Revenue Canada is auditting me so my money is really tight. maybe we can work something out....

:Edit: $30 is about what it will cost in gas there and back, and for $60 i would have to concider take a stab at it myself over totally breaking my bank account. for me $60 is 2.5 weeks of food. or 2 tanks of gas.
                        Last edited by Protoss; 10-24-2003, 04:29 AM.

So his engine he goosed

Comment

I would be willing to cover gas. but Revenue Canada is auditting me so my money is really tight. maybe we can work something out....
                          I don't understand your buddy. I'm trying to help him out and he's poping smart remark to give me $10 to wire up his harness. Tell him I usually charge $135US/hour at my workplace.
                          I'll try calling you tomorrow, if I still have your number.

Revenue Canada is auditting you, I hate these guys these spend taxpayer's money left and right for rediculous items and expenses and now they want to target students. I'm disgusted.
                          92 323 with BP DOHC

N/A project dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by mike323
                            I don't understand your buddy. I'm trying to help him out and he's poping smart remark to give me $10 to wire up his harness. Tell him I usually charge $135US/hour at my workplace.
                            I'll try calling you tomorrow, if I still have your number.

Revenue Canada is auditting you, I hate these guys these spend taxpayer's money left and right for rediculous items and expenses and now they want to target students. I'm disgusted.
                            he's having a bad day. and you know what it isn't fair to charge $195/hr to help someone in your community. i know you aren't going to, but it is more of the "help a brother out" concept that people are after.

i mean if you come down here and help me wire my engine, i would return the favor is some way. Be it driven over there for a day if you needed help with your car.

I mean if i drove there, and you helped me wire the engine, (kinda hard to drive an engine w/o an ECU) i mean would beers after the job is done be arragable? I mean $60, as stated in my edited responce, is a lot of money for me. Pm or call me, you have my #?
                            Last edited by Protoss; 10-24-2003, 04:33 AM.

So his engine he goosed

Comment

Sorry, didnt mean to sound like an ass

Comment

Working...
                              X