k&n ccai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k&n ccai

howz it goin guys and gals? a funny story, i was at a car show in my home town a month or so ago and a k&n rep asked if i would fill out a survey and a chance to win a complete cold air intake. well i said what the hell id do it, it was free. well a couple of days later the guy called to confirm my address. i won the intake. to get to the point, how well will my car perform with the new cai. ive got an aem intake in it and love the results. let me know what you think!
    2003 protege dx; black mica
    titanium tip thermal exhaust
    k&n typhoon complete CAI
    custom engine dress up
    custom interior dress up
    5" autometer tach-silver face
    20% solar tint all around
    obx stainless steel headers
    stainless steel strut bar
    Racers Design shift knob w/custom short shifter
    17" MSR-105 gunmetal wheels, nitto neo-gen tires205/40zr17

If your new intake is a CAI and the one you have on now is a "Short-Ram" intake then you will lose the sound, at least some of it.

With a cold air intake you will most likely get better performance, but that "sucking" sound will vanish mostly.
    03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege

MAM Built Block, Microtech EMS on the way

HiBoost FMIC--Greddy Profec-B SpecII--AWR Front Mount, RR-inserts in rear--Injen SRI--PLX Wideband

88 MX6 LX-Turbo - DEAD

Comment

Originally posted by 03MSP
      If your new intake is a CAI and the one you have on now is a "Short-Ram" intake then you will lose the sound, at least some of it.

With a cold air intake you will most likely get better performance, but that "sucking" sound will vanish mostly.
      I've driven both the Injen and AEM (cold air and short ram) for 3rd gens and they sound and perform the same. I personally have the Injen and it makes all the same sounds as my friends AEM. This is from a few test drives, I don't live with the AEM so I can't say it is true for ALL circumstances.

Comment

hmmm, interesting, I always thought you lost the sound with a longer intake.
        03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege

MAM Built Block, Microtech EMS on the way

HiBoost FMIC--Greddy Profec-B SpecII--AWR Front Mount, RR-inserts in rear--Injen SRI--PLX Wideband

88 MX6 LX-Turbo - DEAD

Comment

hey it is a little different

i just got the intake in and installed it with no problems. the sound is a little different but i think in the long run it runs a whole lot better. my girlfriend doesn't know too much of this stuff but even she could tell the difference. its pretty cool though! i checked for pricing on the cai and i didn't know it was that expensive. maybe its just the name, who knows?!!
          2003 protege dx; black mica
          titanium tip thermal exhaust
          k&n typhoon complete CAI
          custom engine dress up
          custom interior dress up
          5" autometer tach-silver face
          20% solar tint all around
          obx stainless steel headers
          stainless steel strut bar
          Racers Design shift knob w/custom short shifter
          17" MSR-105 gunmetal wheels, nitto neo-gen tires205/40zr17

Comment