Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What years did the 626's have the problems?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see if I have more luck in the 1st gen thread. What years did the 626's have the problems? Sorry it's not a Protege thread. I promise to remove this thread after I get some quick answers. My co-worker has a 94 Mazda 626 that has been great since she bought it used in 97. However, I know there were certain years where something went wrong with these. I think it was the automatic tranny. This one's automatic. I recall noticing how inexpensive these were for the kind of car you got for the money. A large, roomy, classy looking car. I know the other years had no problems. My wife wants this thing and knows I may go along with here since I'm on my third Protege. I know it's not the same as a Protege, though. What year did the problems start and end? Thanks

'93 - '97 had the auto problems(possibly '98-02 since the cars didn't really change), but moreso with the KL V6 than the 2.0, as far as I know.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid
      '93 - '97 had the auto problems(possibly '98-02 since the cars didn't really change), but moreso with the KL V6 than the 2.0, as far as I know.
      So the 2.0 is a 4 cylinder with a different tranny than the V6? So her having a 4 cylinder in her '94 might be making the difference in the tranny not having gone bad yet?

Comment

Let's see if I have more luck in the 1st gen thread where only one helpful person responded. However, I want to confirm that info. What years did the 626's have the problems? Sorry it's not a Protege thread. I promise to remove this thread like I did on the other thread after I get some quick answers. My co-worker has a 94 Mazda 626 that has been great since she bought it used in 97. However, I know there were certain years where something went wrong with these. I think it was the automatic tranny but don't know if it was the engine or some other part. Hers is automatic. I recall noticing how inexpensive these were for the kind of car you got for the money. A large, roomy, classy looking car. I know the other years had no problems. My wife wants a 95 that's for sale and knows I may go along with her since I'm on my third Protege and love Mazda. I know it's not the same as a Protege, though. What year did the problems start and end? Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X