2 races: Porche turbo, ferrari 360!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 races: Porche turbo, ferrari 360!!!

First let me just say that you don't have to believe my stories if you don't want. I am telling the truth and would appreciate it if you kept the flaming to a minimum. I am not the type of person to try to make my self look good or tell fish stories. Now onto the races;
    It all started Sunday. I was headed home from work at about 5:30pm. Traffic was worse than I though it would be, especialy for a sunday. I was about 1 mile from the end of the freeway I was on. Were it ends it makes a "T" to a diff free way or you can go straight into the hills. Well About a mile from the T I pulled up behind a ferrari 360. Now Im just dumb enough to race anything that will race me, so I follow the 360 as he moves through traffic. As soon as we have an opening we both WOT and I stay on him fairly good. Now Im not saying I was on his ass. He was pullin on me, but not like Id expect. Id say from 50mph to 100 mph he put only about 3 cars between us. Well at the T we went streaight and headed for the hills. There was fairly good traffic, but we managed to hit 95+ and this time I stayed right with him. I blame it on the traffic though. Finally I turned around and went home after a close call. Let me just say this. I know that if we had a long EMPTY staight he would kill me no questions asked. All Im saying is that even when he'd down shift and punch IN TRAFFIC is was right behing him loosing no more than 1/2 a car per 10 mph.
    Now the porche. I was headed home from the J/Y today and pulled up behind a early 90s 911 turbo. It was a fiberglass trunk, plexiglass rear window, window vents for the engine, and a tall race carbon fiber spoiler. It sound like it was straight exhaust and a heafty BOV, I think it was a hks ssqv. I followed him around for a while in traffic untill we had our first opening. We both down shifted and floured it. I stayed right on his ass. Oh befor I forget. I just sold my fmu to my buddy so I was running 12psi and pig reach. I chased him around town for about 10 mins on his ass the entire time until we stopped and chatted. He said he was bone stock running 8psi and no fuel management. The best part was he told me he was VERY surprised at how I kept up with him. That was the biggest compliment he could have given.
    Now like I said, I really don't care if no one believes me. Being able to even just hear those 2 cars, especially the 360, at WOT and redline was alone worth it. I really love being boosted and can't wait to install my megasquirt unit!!!
    Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

nicely done.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by 92_2_fast
      First let me just say that you don't have to believe my stories if you don't want. I am telling the truth and would appreciate it if you kept the flaming to a minimum. I am not the type of person to try to make my self look good or tell fish stories. Now onto the races;
      It all started Sunday. I was headed home from work at about 5:30pm. Traffic was worse than I though it would be, especialy for a sunday. I was about 1 mile from the end of the freeway I was on. Were it ends it makes a "T" to a diff free way or you can go straight into the hills. Well About a mile from the T I pulled up behind a ferrari 360. Now Im just dumb enough to race anything that will race me, so I follow the 360 as he moves through traffic. As soon as we have an opening we both WOT and I stay on him fairly good. Now Im not saying I was on his ass. He was pullin on me, but not like Id expect. Id say from 50mph to 100 mph he put only about 3 cars between us. Well at the T we went streaight and headed for the hills. There was fairly good traffic, but we managed to hit 95+ and this time I stayed right with him. I blame it on the traffic though. Finally I turned around and went home after a close call. Let me just say this. I know that if we had a long EMPTY staight he would kill me no questions asked. All Im saying is that even when he'd down shift and punch IN TRAFFIC is was right behing him loosing no more than 1/2 a car per 10 mph.
      Now the porche. I was headed home from the J/Y today and pulled up behind a early 90s 911 turbo. It was a fiberglass trunk, plexiglass rear window, window vents for the engine, and a tall race carbon fiber spoiler. It sound like it was straight exhaust and a heafty BOV, I think it was a hks ssqv. I followed him around for a while in traffic untill we had our first opening. We both down shifted and floured it. I stayed right on his ass. Oh befor I forget. I just sold my fmu to my buddy so I was running 12psi and pig reach. I chased him around town for about 10 mins on his ass the entire time until we stopped and chatted. He said he was bone stock running 8psi and no fuel management. The best part was he told me he was VERY surprised at how I kept up with him. That was the biggest compliment he could have given.
      Now like I said, I really don't care if no one believes me. Being able to even just hear those 2 cars, especially the 360, at WOT and redline was alone worth it. I really love being boosted and can't wait to install my megasquirt unit!!!

I believe it totally, I rode in it guys and it is crazy fast. Just cant wait till I can give him some competetion
      94 Protege DX... A work in progress.
      Spring Tech Springs
      Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors
      Cone Filter
      17" Rotas
      More to Come......

Comment

wowwww talk about resurrection
        Joe H
        2000 Chevy Impala
        3400 3.4 Liter V6
        Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
        U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
        Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

Originally posted by Vash00es
          wowwww talk about resurrection
          lol, we have had older come back...
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
          X