test drove the Mazda5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

test drove the Mazda5

Mazda sent me a card stating if I go test drive a Mazda5 they will send me a $35 Gift Card from Blockbuster so figured it was worth it.

I already own the '03 Protege5 and '01 MPV I figured it would be worth the drive to compare the Mazda5 to them? Well, they M5 drove kind if sluggish to me in the handling dept. I think the MPV could out handle it? I wish my car had the toque band of the car. I understand it is built on the Mazda3 platform and the gearbox has been altered to deal with the extra weight of the car and 6 passengers? The seating was super cool. The interior fabric is way nicer than mine and wont wear like my current. My kids (12 and 9) liked the front seat airbag switch that will turn on or off automatically depending on how much weight is in the passenger seat. The stereo sucked. The steering was uneventful, they need to put less power in it if you ask me. The rear console that pops out from under the rear passenger seat was cool. The oddest part to me was the price. It had everything but the Nav System and it stickered for just over $20k? My P5 stickered for more that?!

My wife wants to go test drive it this weekend but who knows, she really likes the MPV.

Anybody else drive one yet?

-Dean
    Last edited by DeanSweetP5; 09-02-2005, 07:08 AM.
    'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
    -Dean
    2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
    18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
    Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
    MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
    Injen CAI - Polished
    Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
    DaveB trim rings
    Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
    Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
    Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
    Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
    Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
    Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
    Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
    Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

I havent test driven the car, yet, but I sure am was impressed with the car. I think its a perfect fit for a small family. Affordable, roomy and stylish... inside and out. Not just a typical people hauler.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Working...
    X