3rd brake light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd brake light

I brought this up in another thread and forum and have yet to get any replies, so maybe I'll try it here. I want to replace the red LED bar on my MSP spoiler with a clear one. I know the new Mazda 6 has it, so Im sure that Mazda has it as a part for sale. My question is, does anyone know what the part number it is or how much it costs? Has anyone does this b4?

I don't think it's ever been done before, but it's worth a try. I don't have a part number, but since it's an OEM piece on the Mazda6, going to the dealer and asking them for the part # is what I'd do.

Have you tried asking on Mazda6club.com???

Let us know if it works.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Is that even legal in your area?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
        automotive red LEDs are legal..... red bulbs are not
        Eh? What about those red LED brakelights? Are those just red lenses?

But anyways, the Mazda 6 spoiler has a clear lens on it. I think the LEDs are red. I doubt that Mazda is selling something illegal!

Edit: well, I thought those were stock, but I am not 100% sure right now. It was on the 6 I've seen.
        Last edited by charles; 10-22-2003, 03:43 AM.
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

You know what. I am an idiot. For some reason, I thought you said red LEDs were ILlegal. Whoops. I was totally confused by your comment.

Comment

Looks like the man is back to his old asshole self. He has confused the people of the thread with his bad info on LEDS. Get the story straight. I have checked Maine law and aslong as the light comming from the tail lights are red you are legal. Leds or bulbs.
            MODS:
            I/E/SS/

"It is the function of the Navy to carry the war to the enemy so that it will not be fought on U.S. soil."

Comment

Errr, no, he said the right thing. *I* was wrong about the LEDs comments. However, I did not know there was a distinction between red bulbs and clear bulbs with red lenses outside.

Edit: Well, I see how having clear tail lenses would be illegal... edwin knows more about that federal safety law than I do, though, for sure
              Last edited by charles; 10-22-2003, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X