Window prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window prob

I don't know what the part is called, but you can see that the "buffer" for my passenger window is kinda pulled down into the door panel...

how does one fix this? the place where i got my windows tinted is on the other side of the city, and they're mad busy all the time...

can i do it myself? or is this one of those "let the pros do it" things?
    Attached Files

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
    RB springs
    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
    MP3 front bumper conversion

I would imagine that you would have to take off the door panel and put it back into place. Or maybe you can just pull it back up.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

I've tried using my fingers to pull it up, and it's not working.

If i gotta pull off the door, i'll just drop by the shop this weekend.. i'm sure i can find like 1 hour to get there and get it done.

RB springs
      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

I think he meant take off the door panel, not the whole door. I think these instructions work for you?

2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

After you take your door pannel off it should just snap back in. Is it on your back doors? I have noticed that my back doors pop up at the triangle window, It drives me insane.
          Sagaris

Comment

naw.
            it's the front passenger door.
            my girlfriend told me it's been like that since i got the windows tinted... damn her

RB springs
            Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

lol. Dont damn her. Maybe she didnt notice it was any different from the rest of the windows. The person who tinted your car didnt take the time/care to put your door back together after he finished the jobby job.
              Sagaris

Comment

yeah... the place does a wikkid job of tinting the windows (best in town).. but they left a little mess behind... luckily, i got 10% off.

heheh. my gf isn't allowed to drive my car (nor does she want to)... i'm just gonna buy her the Echo hatchback.. (she thinks the Pros are too big)
                and the car is my baby...

RB springs
                Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

Echo :puke puke:
                  No thanks. Thats nice of you to buy her a car though. Just take your door panel off it should snap back into place.
                  Sagaris

Comment

yeah.. i'll make that a weekend project..
                    never taken off the panels before, but i'll just print out and follow the above-mentioned how to.
                    I get toyotas at wholesale... so i don't judge them... and the hatchback is cute.. she wants it neon pink (as girly as they get).. i just won't EVER drive the thing (not that i fit in ANY toyota)

RB springs
                    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

yeah I wouldnt feel safe around them. And I wasnt judging it on terms of $$. She wants it fine get it for her. I just hope its got good crash ratings, being as that thing is so small and there seem to be more idiots on the road now then ever. The door panels arent that hard to take off. If they dont budge check for more screws. If I was close to you I would help you but it doesnt look like Im gonna be in Ont anyt time soon
                      Sagaris

Comment

hahaha. you should come here..
                        it's 0degrees and it's just gonna get about 50degrees colder soon!

*i'm salesman #1... come visit my frozen tundra.. we have poutine.

RB springs
                        Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

lol. I would love to get away from this Seasonless Florida
                          Sagaris

Comment

That "Best in Town" tint shop didn't do a good job.

They're supposed to TAKE OFF your door panels to tint the windows.

All they did was tuck the dust edge down.

A proper shop will remove the panels to be certain that the tint adheres ALL the way to the edges.

Just FYI.

~HH

Comment

well.. they're still best in town, cuz they're the only place that i know that don't have dozens of clients suing them for damages

but yeah.. i still haven't taken off the door panel.. it's soo cold outside

RB springs
                              Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

Working...
                              X