Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

97-98 where's your headlight turn signal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

97-98 where's your headlight turn signal?

just like the title. on 95-96 its in the bumper, I just got a new bumper and I'm thinking of fiberglassing/bondo those holes shut so it's one solid bumper much like the 97-98 bumper and wiring the driving lights to blink along with the amber light on the sides of the bumper. And dont' say swap the bumper, lights, grille, and fenders... it ain't gonna happen besides i like the shape of my current lights. I've thought to either use the existing driving lights and use a relay or fit another bulb in the same housing that would be soley for turn signal. And from what i've heard you can get silver coated bulbs that light up orange so there would be no need for an amber housing (or use LED).

any thoughts or issues that might arise? I'm just brainstorming on this idea here.
    95 ES
    05 S60R

i can't see it being a problem as long as you can get all the wiring figured out

Comment

what you could do is go to a JY and get the bulb socket off the corners of a 97/98. once you get it cut the old socket from the original turn signal and put the smaller bulb socket in its place. if you want it to work with the park light on just tap another wire to the wires from the amber park lights on the side of the bumpers.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
      Mods:
      DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

lol...my headlights and turnsignals don't exist......or they didn't for a few weeks. I should get the car back monday though. damn old guy in a Freestar......
        Please sponsor me for the American diabetes association Tour de Cure.
        http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=...383&px=3361088
        together, we can find a cure for Diabetes!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X