Protege 1998 SE ( 4 Doors ) 1.5L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protege 1998 SE ( 4 Doors ) 1.5L

I was wondering what I can modify on my car. I'm kind of new to the rice market if you know what I mean.

Things i've done so far.
    1. Clear corner lights

2. White taillights

3. Aluminium Gauge Bezel

4. Reverse gauges

I wanted to by the J-Spec 97-98 Protege headlights from http://corksport.com but people have mentionned that j-spec lights are built for right side driven cars and are not legal in canada.

Don't forget i'm in canada ( quebec )

I need to gather suggestions, money isn't really a problem ... I really wanna build something nice.

Maverick

well post up your goals, what do you want out of your car?
    (aside from something "nice")

Comment

not legal in canada? there were a few 2nd genr's that had the crystal headlights in canada.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
      Mods:
      DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Well I think the first thing the pigs look for is the "DOT" lettering on the lense. If you get pulled for something and they do a walkaround, they might check the lights. If they are marked with the "DOT" (I don't think they are), you can tell them they are aftermarket and you haven't aimed them yet. If there is no marking or the cop has a hunch they are JDM, you're pretty f^(ked.

KDawg had them but I don't know if he ever got hassled for them. But then again, the asshole cops weren't pulling over every young male with muffler a couple years ago either.
        1998 Mazda BHALP SE - Rain Forest Green Mica

Pacesetter short shifter ; Depo tails (thanks beetle_orange) ; Custom CAI nearing completion ; CF hood on the way ; Brembo blanks & KVR pads to be inst. (thanks Pigeon) ; Goodridge brake lines to be inst. ;

Much more to come...

Comment

Excuse my ignorance ... WTF is the DOT lol

Maverick

Comment

in my area (hamilton/burlington/stoney creek/niagara) we dont get hassled too much, and the cops wont know enough to notice that headlights were slightly off
            not that im condoning anyone to do any illegal mod, but ya... i have a loud car as well as my brother does with no cats and no muffler

neither of us have been pulled over ever for it
            i got caught doing a burnout in my dads transam without insurance... and no license on me and no registration on me... and i was given a "excessive noise" ticket... lol

when you get to the mississauga side of oakville... and further in that direction.. then you gotta start worrying
            im not too sure bout the cambridge/kitchener area tho... or quebec

Comment

Originally posted by maverick82
              Excuse my ignorance ... WTF is the DOT lol
              DOT = department of transportation

DOT approved = legal.

Comment

Working...
              X