jb12 ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jb12 ground

yes i am new member. not new to cars though. i have 93 protege 1.8L dohc. had that surging idle( bassicly had no idle, because i had to tighten my throtle calbe till i got my other tb.) but fixed it 90% buy replacing the whole tb, which replaced the isc. i used a tb off sohc engine of 1.8L. checked both parts both sensors were the same...
    My car still runs rlitle ruff, though that surges off my idle between 900=5000 rpms is gone. an the duying off it in D or R is gone...
    I Know i read this is a common problem on these cars, i also read that on service bulletins something about grond jb12 high resistance, seabelt light comes on when brakes applied. In my car this light comes on when pulling sometimes really hard on seatbelt. when hitting the brakes my idle drops a ltile expecccially from going from P to D or R. I know it should, it's just still ruff. Where is this JB12 ground located. Also a lot off you recomend chaging ground wires which ones.???
    I also read the ground on the cylinder head on dr. side might be the problem. Well mine is not loose, do i replace this one, or which ones are most coomonly a problem. Hopefolly solving my problem .

haha my car just dies sometimes when i pull it out of gear when coming to a stop. And when i turn it back on, it idles at like 600rpms.

as for the ground issue. i dunno about anyone saying anything about replacing them, but i do know about people hypergrounding their cars. although, i know little of the details.
    Tag Team

Comment

so how you hyper ground your car. yes i read that at this forum, few facts are on FAQ page under service bulletins, ithers i read under post for looping idle, and few other posts.

does anybody knows were this gorund is located jb12, should be on drivers side ..

Comment

i think there are hypergrounding kits you can buy which will include instructions. though, i believe hypergrounding is nothing more than taking a bunch of 4g cable and connecting different parts of your chassis together; thereby increasing the grounding efficiency; thereby 'hypergrounding' the car.
        Tag Team

Comment

Re: jb12 ground

Originally posted by bmw
          yes i am new member. not new to cars though. i have 93 protege 1.8L dohc. had that surging idle( bassicly had no idle, because i had to tighten my throtle calbe till i got my other tb.) but fixed it 90% buy replacing the whole tb, which replaced the isc. i used a tb off sohc engine of 1.8L. checked both parts both sensors were the same...
          My car still runs rlitle ruff, though that surges off my idle between 900=5000 rpms is gone. an the duying off it in D or R is gone...
          I Know i read this is a common problem on these cars, i also read that on service bulletins something about grond jb12 high resistance, seabelt light comes on when brakes applied. In my car this light comes on when pulling sometimes really hard on seatbelt. when hitting the brakes my idle drops a ltile expecccially from going from P to D or R. I know it should, it's just still ruff. Where is this JB12 ground located. Also a lot off you recomend chaging ground wires which ones.???
          I also read the ground on the cylinder head on dr. side might be the problem. Well mine is not loose, do i replace this one, or which ones are most coomonly a problem. Hopefolly solving my problem .
          I think this guy wins the award for "most abbreviations in a single post."
          ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Re: Re: jb12 ground

Originally posted by TheLastMarauder
            I think this guy wins the award for "most abbreviations in a single post."
            i second that, motion is carried.

ok look upgrading your grounds is a good idea. 4ga or 8 ga, both thicknesses work well. Reground the negitive terminal on your battery.
            When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
            Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
            Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
            So his engine he goosed
            With much too much boost,
            And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

ok 4ga sounds good to me. but how about that ground listed in the tsb jb12. anybody got a electrical diwagram, any help on that?????

Comment

Working...
              X