Taking suggestions on next step...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking suggestions on next step...

Aight, im gonna be selling my swap minus the motor in the next month. Sooo ive been contemplating what to put in the poor old pro, now. Im pbuying a 90 Probe Gt Turbo this weekend as a dialy car, but the protege will stay, and im jsut gonna sell the swap wihtout the motor to a guy from porbetalk and start over with the car and make it a long term thing, and do it right and slow (like mazdaracer - mark - d323..lol) j/k. BUt i got alot of ideas just not sure abo what i want to do motor wise. I didnt really drive the with the KL in there too much, soo yoru prob wondering why im scaraping the swap, mainly b/c i sort of jumped into the swap real quick and it being my only car at the time it screwed me up. But i learned alot and im gonna run with what i learned now., got BIG THINGS comin form it.. (carbon fiber front lips).

Save for a ZE? Than after that then what? the kl's are great motors but to me there kind of a dead end unless u boost it.

Bpt? Why not easy cheap swap..boost is GREAT!

FS? yea it would be cool, but why not just do a BP?

MSP swap? its kind of a far fetched idea, but you have to admit it would be a beatiful thing in the end. Ive seen a couple of wrecked msp's for sale, and Mazmart had a msp complete setup for under 3k. But for that much i could easily just do a Bpt.

soo many ideas. what are u alls opinions. Im gonna have a empty motorless trannyless 93 Lx chassis to work with. What would u do?

Built BPT ... no doubt about it - most fun, fastest ... did I mention fun?

Comment

sounds like fun , never "built up" a motor before like that would be a fun experience, especially with no tiem restriction.

Comment

if I stay with the BG chassis - that's my plan. Take the old BP that was in my car, build her up, and boost 20-25 psi. Even if you build the motor, a BP is not an expensive engine to work on compared to some others out there.

Comment

If you want to do something different find an FE3.

Comment

welcome to the slow swap jackstand racing club my friend.
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323

im pleased to be in... Wheres my sticker!!!

soemoen else sugested the FE3, but they seem real hard to come by. i was told that they come in sportages. Other than that anyone know wherew to get them from?

Comment

I saw one MSP wrecked going on ebay a while back for 3 grand or so... tranny, LSD, motor, everything you'd need.

If the FE3 is what your after.. I would just keep watching eBay and see if you can get lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by jitb37
                  soemoen else sugested the FE3, but they seem real hard to come by. i was told that they come in sportages. Other than that anyone know wherew to get them from?
                  87-92 626 Capella FWD &AWD, 626 Capella Coupe (MX-6), 626 Capella Wagon FWD & AWD,and a very limited edition 626 Capella AWD Turbo, and the Ford Telstar.

Source: http://pub15.ezboard.com/fmx6clubfrm...tart=1&stop=20

Comment

AWD KL-ZE would be hella sweet. Especially in a gutted out 323 that weighs sub 2000 lbs...
                    Last edited by D323; 09-16-2005, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Did some one say jack stand racing?

Comment

ahahahaha another member... but your already swapped/modded

Comment

AWD KL-ZE would be hella sweet. Especially in a gutted out 323 that weighs sub 2000 lbs...
                          Yes, AWD KL-ZE would be sweet...
                          Last edited by D323; 09-16-2005, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                            Yes, AWD KL-ZE would be sweet...

its decided jitb.... AWD ZE that hoe. Do it.

Comment

AWD, KL-ZE, And a blower.......

Me VBGarage HERE

"90% of young people that get into car accidents say "OH ****". The other 10% are from Wisconsin and say "Hold my beer and watch this!".

Comment

Working...
                              X