about the little side door bumpers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

about the little side door bumpers....

Can somebody tell me if theyre easy to take off, and if i were to take them off would their be holes where the bumper use to be...*im talkin about the thin black thing on the side of the protege i duno what theyre called sorry....i was told that if i take them off there would be holes left over...THANKS!

You're talking about the side mouldings.

There will be no holes, but the paint will surely be in a better condition than the rest of your doors. Exposed paint fades due to UV radiation from the Sun, but the paint under those black mouldings does not. Be prepared for a striped look if you take them off.

Comment

And by searching here I found a tutorial on how to remove them: http://www.msprotege.com/vbb225/show...&threadid=4737

Comment

Woww Thanks A Lot!

Comment

Thank me later by posting pics if you take the mouldings off.

Comment

okay no problem...im thinking of taking them off this weekend...

Comment

Cool. Can't wait to see the results.

Comment

i took mine off over 3 months ago, and i still have some lines left from the glue, but then again i havnt had the time to properly go over the car yet, its been out of service too much. I found using carb cleaner works extremely well compared to other cleaners/adhesive removers...just make sure you dont let it sit on your paint, just in case. i personally like the look of it, but maybe it depends on the color...besides, after i got two large dings about an inch below the strip, i knew it wasnt doing anything for me, and i love how it changed the look of the car... but thats me

Mods:
                JDM Headlights + Corners
                JDM Tailights
                1st Gen LX Black Wheels
                Shaved Side Mouldings
                Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
                Cone Filter
                KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
                E-Bay front strut bar
                Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
                40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
                and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'

Comment

Okay i finally took them off and i gotta say they the car looks great without them! i sure did take a while to fully complete but the end results are worth it! THANKS TO Intruder and JZProwler for your help! I will be posting pics this week!

Comment

Awesome! Glad you like it, and I can't wait to see the pics.

Comment

Working...
                    X