WTB: Miata head ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Miata head ASAP

If anyone has a 01 or newer miata head (1.8L), knows where they can get one, has a neighbor with one, or anything, PLEASE help me out. Im trying to build a car for my little bro and am trying to have it done by the end of Sept.
    Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

My neighbor down the street has one, but he would be mad if he tried to start the car and found it missing

oh well free bump!
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

i kno intruder bought a head for the cams/lifters/shims/ect...

maybe he doesent even need the head? i dunno...
      contact him

Comment

your brother has a miata?
        TheMAN
        '01 BJFP MT
        '05 BK3P HB AT

Come see the Protege FAQ

No, I don't own an MP5.
        No, I don't drive a Protege 5.

Originally posted by R240NAII:
        It's always, "hi, I'm 16, a flaming pissant, and have my parents hard-earned money that I'd like to blow, hold my hand and walk me through a course on driftnng/boosting/driving, but remember that I'm not intelligent enough to understand anything and will repeatedly ask the same basic, moronic questions, over and over again".

What happens when you send me PMs such as:
        -Sending me a stupid question (no common sense, no logic, impractical, etc)
        -Sending me a question that can be found searching or in the FAQ
        -Sending me an illegible question (ie: bad grammar)
        No you WON'T get flamed, you'll get ignored. The results will vary if you send flames/insults

Comment

there's been the same 01 head on ebay for like 5 months now. i haven't checked in awhile to see if it's still there but I'd bet it is. i think they want $350 with cams and everything.
          Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

Im putting the head on a 93 pro. Id need it to be complete. I was going to buy the one off e-bay, but the day I want to buy it, it was no longer there. I emailed the guy, but haven't heard back. So if there is anyone who can help than PLEASE HELP!!!

Comment

uhh, haven't you read ANYTHING on the board? you CAN'T use the 99+ head let alone the 01-05 head!
              TheMAN
              '01 BJFP MT
              '05 BK3P HB AT

Come see the Protege FAQ

No, I don't own an MP5.

It's always, "hi, I'm 16, a flaming pissant, and have my parents hard-earned money that I'd like to blow, hold my hand and walk me through a course on driftnng/boosting/driving, but remember that I'm not intelligent enough to understand anything and will repeatedly ask the same basic, moronic questions, over and over again".

No you WON'T get flamed, you'll get ignored. The results will vary if you send flames/insults

Comment

Thats why your "THE MAN". Through all of the other research Ive been doing I never even though about it. Can't you use the cams and shims though?

Comment

you can use the cams, and lifters.. the shims will be too thin... there's NO point getting the head as its a waste of money... you DON'T want the 01-05 cams because they're meant for S-VT use
                  TheMAN
                  '01 BJFP MT
                  '05 BK3P HB AT

Come see the Protege FAQ

No, I don't own an MP5.

Comment

ebay
                    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

you can see how the 99 ports dont match. I wish the had swapped... that would be easiest.

Sourced from:
                      Discover the latest breaking news in the U.S. and around the world — politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.
                      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

You CAN use the head, I have one on my GTR.
                        www.323gtx.co.uk
                        www.323gtr.net

Comment

pics vs words... pics win
                          TheMAN
                          '01 BJFP MT
                          '05 BK3P HB AT

Come see the Protege FAQ

No, I don't own an MP5.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                            pics vs words... pics win

Check the dizzy mount, or lack of one I used the MX5 coils and rocker too, since they were available.

There's a few more on www.323gtr.net. Pics win every time.
                            www.323gtx.co.uk
                            www.323gtr.net

Comment

Originally posted by 323GT-R

Check the dizzy mount, or lack of one I used the MX5 coils and rocker too, since they were available.

There's a few more on www.323gtr.net. Pics win every time.
                              no offense, but your pic proves nothing. That could be the head off of a 94-97. It looks like it is IMO.

Read that solo site, the 99 saw changes in the head that makes it *similar* to the 90-94 BP, but not identical.

oh and nice strut bar and camber plates as well
                              Last edited by D323; 09-18-2005, 11:42 AM.
                              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
                              X