Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xcelerated Concepts - CF/FG Products

Hello members of Club Protege,

I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Joe (aka CrazyCaker on most forums), I am the Treasurer of the Toronto Protege Club (TOprotege.com), and owner of Xcelerated Concepts.

I have been working with a manufacture to bring a new dual vented hood option to the market for the Protege. After MONTHS of designing and testing, this hood is finally available! This hood will clear basically anything that an OE hood will, so it should not interfere with any aftermarket turbo manifolds etc.

In addition to the dual vented hood, we also offer the regular OE style, 3rd Gen trunk lids, splitters, etc. as well. All of these are offered in both CF and FG, and with coloured Kevlar* weave options (*exc. the trunk lid).

Many members of TOprotege have bought the OE style hood through me in the past and I'm sure if you visited our club's forum they will all vouche for the high quality fit and finish of these hoods. www.toprotege.com

I have been approved for AV status by Pigeon and will be added to the list shortly!

CARBON FIBER HOODS:

Hoods weigh approximately 14-17lbs.

Materials used to manufacture these products are UV stable.
    All hoods are factory clear coated on the top surface and inner frame to further protect them from UV light, the same way the clear coat on your car protects your paint.

All parts are constructed with a one piece fiber glass inner frame for a clean finished, show ready look (unless otherwise noted)

Come with factory style latches and or mounting points
    All mounting points consist of a drilled and tapped steel plate for added security.

Made using a 2x2 twill style 5.7oz aerospace grade carbon fiber fabric thats made in the USA.

Will not yellow, cloud and become brittle like most other carbon fiber hoods.

All parts have either beveled, or revolved (next generation roll) edges and a consistent laminate.

FIBER GLASS HOODS:

Hoods weigh approximately 18-23 lbs.

Come ready for prepping, primer, and paint.

Have a one piece fiber glass inner frame for a clean show ready look (unless otherwise noted)

Come with factory style latches and or mounting points
    All mounting points consist of a drilled and tapped steel plate for added security.

All parts have either beveled or revolved (next generation roll) edges and a consistent laminate thickness.

Washer nozzles are NOT pre-drilled. This gives you the choice of either the clean finish look or the option to drill them yourself. It's very simple to drill them and takes about 5 mins.

Hood pins are recommended, but it's up to you to make your own decision!

CF Hood OE Style - $450 USD (add $100 for colour Kevlar weave)
    FG Hood OE Style - $350 USD

CF Hood Dual Vented Style - $600 USD (add $120 for colour Kevlar weave)
    FG Hood Dual Vented Style - $475 USD

CF 3rd Gen. Trunk Lid - $425 USD

CF Splitters - $100 USD

* Shipping is extra.

Joe
    Xcelerated Concepts
    (416)931-XCEL
    wilesjoe@hotmail.com

$10 USD from each sale will be donated to Club Protege!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CrazyCaker; 09-15-2005, 10:05 PM.

Welcome, Joe!

Just to note, Joe is a good guy and great doing business with! You will not be disappointed with him or his product!
    My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
    - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

Wow!
      Wish you made first gen hoods. Nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by tom
        Wow!

dido!!!!!
        ok so this is what i have done to my car.... i have a mitsu te04h turbo miata header customized for a turbo... volvo intercooler, dsm bov, acufab adj. fuel pressure reg, stock injectors and maf, colder spark plugs narrowed gap, stock cat and 2.5" exhuast..... umm thats all that i can think of for now... pics coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by tom
          Wow!
          To revive this post...

I have be discussing with Mike_Moss & thekid the possiblity of bringing a first gen OE style CF/FG hood to the market for those interested.

We will require a minimum of 10 committed buyers to make this happen. The cost would be approx. $525 CDN + shipping for the CF version. If we have more then 10 buyers the price would obviously decrease.

Joe
          Xcelerated Concepts
          (416)931-XCEL

Comment

Granted there is currently a group buy going on for the 90-93 style hood, I think the only hoods people would be interested in would be 94 style hood and 323 hood.

I'll talk with you a bit more in detail about this tonight Joe and we can work out the details. (If you'll be at Westside Tims.)

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

Originally posted by mike_moss
              Granted there is currently a group buy going on for the 90-93 style hood, I think the only hoods people would be interested in would be 94 style hood and 323 hood.

I'll talk with you a bit more in detail about this tonight Joe and we can work out the details. (If you'll be at Westside Tims.)
              I'll be there. I was planning on talking to you more, since I have been communticating with Brian more.

Comment

Well ****! Does it make sense to talk to this guy instead of Puresports? They have not exactly been lighting the world on fire with their response to our group buys. Who knows if they will even ever make out 1st gen hoods....they have not even taken the deposit yet. Is it worth asking the group? Thats about 375.00 US
                Last edited by tom; 03-01-2006, 09:10 PM.

Comment

I can vouch for Joe @ Xcelerated - I'll likely be getting my 94-style hood done by him.

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

well mike if your getting a 94 style hood from him, i wanna get a 94 style hood from him, so lets start a group buy
                    Mazstyle> :suckie: < Other Cars

Comment

Already in the works.

I'll keep ya posted. I knew there's a couple others who are serious.

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

I'd be very interested in a 94-style hood as well!
                        If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
                        -----
                        Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
                        Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
                        Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

if there is enough intrist im in for a 323 hood
                          91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.