Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can front speakers be put into a 1G without removing door panels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can front speakers be put into a 1G without removing door panels?

Hi,

I noticed a members pic where it seems that it might not be necessary to remove the front door panels if you are willing to put new grills on.

Since I have plenty of other things to do, I was wondering if I could do the same as I am super lazy and burned out with car audio due to it being a prior profession.

I have pm'd the owner, but don't know if he saw my pm.

This is the link.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks

Last edited by dx92beater; 09-17-2005, 06:43 PM.
    93 EGT 5M, Bimini Blue

132k miles, DD only

0w20, EG Fram Oil Filter for Probe 2.5L, Magnetic Drain Plug, ebay cone filter, 03 Protege Rotors, moog sway bar end-links on rear sway bar, mx3 seats, Power Sunroof, Miata Valve Cover Bolts, Gatorback Belts, Timing *14 on 87 Oct, Autolite 3924 @ .043 - 35 mpg at 67 mph (95% highway driving) with A/C and headlights on. Untested for fuel economy: Sylvania EcoBright 9004, .717 5th gear with D6 ATF, NGK wires, 195/65/15 Kumho LRR 4 wire tps

Former Car: 92 Protege DX 5 spd.

to pull the front speaker grille you have to pull the panel off, if you try and pry it off you will mess up th hole, take the panel off and bend to little metal tabs that hold the factory grille......

DaPro
    94 Protege DX SOHC 1.8l 5 Speed
    (DaPro)

its better to wait and save then to waste money on crap to get you by....

Comment

It would be harder to take the grill off than to just take the door panel off. But if you've done car audio in the past it should be a very easy task.

Comment

thanks guys, so if I am agressive with the existing grill I will mess up the entire panel?

Just curious, I am cheaper than I am lazy don't want to take that risk
        93 EGT 5M, Bimini Blue

132k miles, DD only

0w20, EG Fram Oil Filter for Probe 2.5L, Magnetic Drain Plug, ebay cone filter, 03 Protege Rotors, moog sway bar end-links on rear sway bar, mx3 seats, Power Sunroof, Miata Valve Cover Bolts, Gatorback Belts, Timing *14 on 87 Oct, Autolite 3924 @ .043 - 35 mpg at 67 mph (95% highway driving) with A/C and headlights on. Untested for fuel economy: Sylvania EcoBright 9004, .717 5th gear with D6 ATF, NGK wires, 195/65/15 Kumho LRR 4 wire tps

Former Car: 92 Protege DX 5 spd.

Comment

Take off the door panel to install speakers under the factory grille. Thats my humble recommendation. Might be worth the extra time.

Comment

Working...
          X