1/4mi= 14.91@102.3Mph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/4mi= 14.91@102.3Mph

I just ran my protegé with the Gtech Pro on a long flat strip of road to acquire a 0-60 time and my 1/4 mi. I know the Gtech is probably not 100% accurate but it's all I have at the moment.

Anyway, to my amazemant I ran 0-60 in 6.63 sec, and the 1/4 in 14.91sec @ 102.3mph. I filmed it but I only have a panasonic SV-AV20 (one of those all-in-one things) that my aunt won in a Nabisco tennis tournament. It was way dark but I'll post it anyway. If you have windows media player you'll have to increase the brightness to see anything, so it's probably better to save as then view it... Sorry about that, please hold the flaming, i'll post a better one when I can

I'll run her again in the morning is if traffic is scarce enough, so I can post a better vid. All-in-all I am very proud of my protegé, I was expecting mid 15's not high 14's, but now some of current races make a bit more sense

Here is a list of parts just so you know what I have done; RX7 VAF w/cone filter and 3" intake tubing into 2.25" to throttle body, Ported polished intake manifold w/ VICS modification, Accel 8mm 300+ thundersport wires, Pacesetter header into 2.25" exhaust w/ 12" glasspack (resonator substitute) and a flowmaster 40series muffler, and initial advance set at 18*. I also removed the back seat, but I think it weighs about as much as a couple pillows...

1991 protege LX 1/4 mile

Thats a high "trap speed" (if you can call it that) for a high 14 second run.
    100mph is usually an indication of somewhere in the 13's
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Yeah, I have to question the accuracy of the Gtech, but I will run it again tomorrow to check for consistency. My buddy in his car ran a 15.1@99mph so a couple miles per hour could be accurate, I don't know. I wish I could go to the track, but a 3hr drive and the cost of the track doesn't seem worth it.

Last time I went to the track with my friend and his 260Z we tested the Gtech down the track for 3runs. The first time the trap speed was correct, but the timer was off by .4 seconds too slow (he ran a 15.1 and the Gtech said 15.5). The other two times it was off.1 and .2, I guess it depends on the launch.

When the car was stock I ran a 0-60 in 8.2 and the 1/4 in 16.1 with full interior and my little bro in the car (130lbs), along with crappy tires.

Comment

I can't see the vid. I get an "error downloading codec".

EDIT: Got it. Had to download a codec. Here's a link for anyone else who needs it: Sharp G.726 Audio Codec 1.1.0.1

I dig the music. Post a daytime vid.
        Last edited by Intruder; 09-18-2005, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Yea, that's an insane trap speed. So is your friend's for a 15.1. I don't remember what my volvo trapped at when it ran a 15.07, but it was in the low 90s.

High 90s should be in the low 14s, me thinks. Over 100 is definitely in the 13s.
          Dan
          dreesemonkey

Comment

very nice!!

Im questioning the gtech though...cuz if you look at my time in my sig...its not near as fast as yours....
            Eat ****.

Comment

I too am questioning the Gtech the more I think about it, it could be jacked for all I know. That's probably why it showed a high trap speed for my friends car as well.

I tried to run it today real early but the overnight fog made the road wet and I couldn't get any traction... But hoefully later today I can run it, the Cherries Jubilee is going on right now along with the Jazz festival so there are people all over... I don't feel a need to be cited for reckless driving so I may have to wait.

Comment

how the hell do those things work anyway, they dont even plug into anything except the car lighter for power, so it just magically knows when your at 60 and when youve gone a quarter mile and how fast?
                Joe H
                2000 Chevy Impala
                3400 3.4 Liter V6
                Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
                U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
                Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

Originally posted by Vash00es
                  how the hell do those things work anyway, they dont even plug into anything except the car lighter for power, so it just magically knows when your at 60 and when youve gone a quarter mile and how fast?
                  It has built-in accelerometers or something. I think all you give it is power and put in the car's weight. Hardly foolproof, but it's better than using a stopwatch, I guess
                  Dan
                  dreesemonkey

Comment

im not trying to call you a liar but i dont think that a protege with those mods could run a 14.9?

im not sure but that seems a little too fast, and 102mph is mos def to fast for a 14.9
                    1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

did you guys forget he is on street tires? common for low qt mi times and still up there trap speeds... yes i think 102 is off but oddly enough when i ran my car with a gtech i ran a 14.7 at 102 spinning 1st and the bottom of second (let off just enough to grab) i have done one qt mi run with mine and honestly dont see myself doing it that often, it just takes one pass to land me a trip to jail so it was fun but now that i have some idea of what she can do ill wait for pir to open back up. btw i have a gtech forsale now
                      There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

I have no doubt that he could hit a 14.9, but not at that mph....

He and I have almost identical mods, except mine is stripped and I am at 7800ft above sea level. And I only hit a 91mph trap. Granted I had a horrible 60', but I guarantee with even a perfect launch my mph wouldn't be 10mph faster.
                        Eat ****.

Comment

im not trying to call you a liar but i dont think that a protege with those mods could run a 14.9?

im not sure but that seems a little too fast, and 102mph is mos def to fast for a 14.9
                          Well, I posted the ****ty whore-ible vid just to show the time. I burned a good amount through 1st, you can hear that ****, even after I warmed the tires a bit.

I pulled the back seat out and all the stuff in the trunk, I am also at sea level, or at least damn close to it, it was also pretty cold out so that helps.

I don't have any doubts that my car and pull a sub 15sec 1/4, but I don't know how accurate that G-tech is, and I am sure the trap speed is off. Like I said though the Gtech was pretty accurate when compared at the strip in Sacramento. These little bastard cars aren't that slow, especially once that biatch gets rollin She'll pull to 140 and that's pretty damn good for a little bolt-on modified BP. If I ever get to the track I want to see what she can do with that little thing called traction...

Oh yeah, and i'm retarded my friend said he ran a 15.1 at like 89 or 90 not 99, my bad... I was thinking of my truck... I can't wait to get that focker tuned properly, damned computers. If anyone has ever owned a 97-04 F150 then I am sure you understand "torque management". It doesn't mix with shift kit + 10psi ...

Comment

140mph?? I think we had a huge discussion once before on the gear-limited top speed that 1st gens can acheive....I think Ive topped mine out at like 122mph, because I ran out of gear.

Do you have any tranny work done?
                            Eat ****.

Comment

Nope, no tranny work done.

Unless my car is special, it does 20mph per every 1000RPM's in 5th gear, that equates to 148 @ redline. I have slightly oversized tires putting my car at 60mph at 5800Rpm's. I don't know what tranny you have in your car, but if your car is geared to top out at 122 then that means your going 16.5mph per every 1000rpms's. So at 60mph your doing 3600rpm's where I am doing around 75mph... Are you sure you weren't in 4th gear , J/K

Other 1st gen guys, your car has to get past 122mph, I know my car isn't a one-of-a-kind here.

I hit 135 with my 17's on the way home from Tahoe a while ago, but they were too heavy to get past that, some dude with a Z28 was f'n with me. He would get right next to me while i was topped at 135 at WOT, and then fly past me. I just laughed, wtf am I suppose to do?

Comment

Working...
                              X