new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new here

hi am new here and i have a 93 pro and i will like to know what eles to do to it to give it more power and make it look nice and what type of body kit can i put on it and what can i do about the motor i have a sohc and i have auto but i just had it tra to a 5sp it coast 2400 and it is worth it but what eles can i do to the motor i plan to get a new motor but what kind should i get gtr or gtx wich will give me the most power with thing done to the motor it is lower 1.5 all the way around and it is sitting on 17inc G racing rims

There's a lot you can do to your Protege to make it look nicer and perform better. The GTX motor you plan to purchase is rated at 180hp compared to the GTR which is 210. However, the GTR is pretty rare and will not be cheap. Currently there are a few group buys in progress so you might want to consider them. First one is for strut bars (http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...=&threadid=186) and the other for lower tie-bars (http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...=&threadid=113) Both of these will tighten the suspension pretty well. As for bodykits, there are a few available but are pretty costly. You can purchase a the EVOIII from www.corksport.com and there's also the a Chaos bodykit that is not available in the States yet. You can get it imported but it will cost a lot because of the customs taxes. It will take me forever to list everything that could be done to improve the car so if you are interested in anything in particular just search around the forum or ask. Everyone will be more than happy to help you out. Post some pictures of your car.....lets see them wheels!
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

i just bought the gtr motor like 2hrs ago and i have the lower tie bars and and i am planing to put a bigger turbo on the motor when i get it here and i have a lot more plan for the motor to but i still have not made up my mind what i am going to do with the inside of the car

Comment

Originally posted by Mazdapower6666
        i just bought the gtr motor like 2hrs ago and i have the lower tie bars and and i am planing to put a bigger turbo on the motor when i get it here and i have a lot more plan for the motor to but i still have not made up my mind what i am going to do with the inside of the car
        Sweet! How much did it cost you and where did you order it from?
        For the inside of the car, you might want to check out the MX-3 seats. They are lower and provide better support and a swappable into the Protege.
        '91 LX
        '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
        well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Why upgrade the turbo?Why spend the money on the GTR motor if your gonna just take off the turbo?. Anyways if your looking for alot of power i hope u have a good bank account prob 5-6 grand? to do it right. Where did u buy the motor and for how much. Not much u can do for looks on the car a couple body kits and some universal things will get u looking decent..Jon

Comment

Uhh you want to do what with the GTR turbo? dude that turbo has more than enough power in to beat on your tranny. Hey do you have the website you bought the GTR from or a link to the auction if you bought off of e-bay? If you bought it from a private seller let's see some pics.
            When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
            Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
            Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
            So his engine he goosed
            With much too much boost,
            And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Yeah the GTR will push 350 hp any more will ruin a tranny and snap axiles. Depending on your throttle control and driving habits of course ..Jon

Comment

TURBO... PSSSSSST mmmmm gotta love that..makes u wanna nut!!
                Maroon 1995 Probe SE
                Beige 1994 Protege DX
                Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

judging from what you're talking about, if you in fact are able to purchase a gtr motor, i can tell you it will be sufficient enough to push you into the 12's with MINOR work, supposing you get all the correct supporting engine components and what not. the gtr has a bit of turbo lag (lag is subjective) from what i hear, so throwing a bigger turbo would probably rob more power than you think in the lowend. i mean, make sure you have the piping, the intercooler, stand alone, boost controller, etc. etc. and like wise, what are you having to pay for the gtr? it's not a CHEAP ordeal to go through. also, if you're looking at doing a manual conversion, you're WAY better off throwing your money into a cheap LX 5 spd with a good/bombed motor, *good* tranny and just taking the swap from there, selling your car with stock rims and suspension, and just throw your rims and suspension on the LX. after all, you could end up saving yourself 1000 bucks or more. this is the method of attack charles took over himself, figured doing an auto swap was worthless to begin with, much less a manual conversion on the car. keep us posted
                  peace

Comment

I GOT THE MOTOR FORM A GUY DOWN IN MIAMI HE HAD IT IN A MX3 AND I HACVE A STAGE 2 CLUTCH AND I AM GOING TO SPRAY NOS TO BUT IF U SAY I DONT NEED A BIGGER TURBO I WILL TAKE YOUR GUY ADV BUT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO TO THE MOTOR AND ALL THE PART I AM GOING TO GET I AM GETTING FROM THE GUY I BOUGHT THE MOTOR FROM AND I T IS ALL A'PEX THE MOTOR WAS TWO GRAND AND IT CAME WITH A BIGGER TURBO ON IT

Comment

I GOT THE MOTOR FORM A GUY DOWN IN MIAMI HE HAD IT IN A MX3 AND I HACVE A STAGE 2 CLUTCH AND I AM GOING TO SPRAY NOS TO BUT IF U SAY I DONT NEED A BIGGER TURBO I WILL TAKE YOUR GUY ADV BUT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO TO THE MOTOR AND ALL THE PART I AM GOING TO GET I AM GETTING FROM THE GUY I BOUGHT THE MOTOR FROM AND I T IS ALL A'PEX THE MOTOR WAS TWO GRAND AND IT CAME WITH A BIGGER TURBO ON IT
                      Dude please type in low case and slow down when u type i can hardly understand what your asking.

BUT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO TO THE MOTOR AND ALL THE PART I AM GOING TO GET I AM GETTING FROM THE GUY I BOUGHT THE MOTOR FROM AND I T IS ALL A'PEX

What?

The gtr turbo is def more than enough. The turbo lag isnt to bad on the GTR from what ive read because it has a ballbearing turbo.And how do u know this is a GTR motor not a GTX with a cheap turbo on it ?

Comment

ok so you got the motor out of miami. got a phone number of the guy you bought it off? i have a few question about the GTR that only an owner can answer. and keep the motor stock. You are beginning to sound like a ricer. at GTX motor needs some upgrades a GTR does not need them unless 400whp is your goal.
                        When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                        Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                        Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                        So his engine he goosed
                        With much too much boost,
                        And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
                          ok so you got the motor out of miami. got a phone number of the guy you bought it off? i have a few question about the GTR that only an owner can answer. and keep the motor stock. You are beginning to sound like a ricer. at GTX motor needs some upgrades a GTR does not need them unless 400whp is your goal.

And even if u get that high u should think abount a quaife LSD and some spare transaxiles

Comment

Working...
                          X