Lowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowering

Ok since you guys kept tellin me I will need to lower my car when I get my rims i need to know what I need to get to lower it... coilovers or the other thing that I cant think of.... and how much they are, and it would be nice if it was adjustable too but not a biggie.... I absolutely cannot be like an inch of the ground so keep that in mind and hte rims im getting at are 17" so please help me! and the car is a 96 if that helps

I just got my 17's on my pro and it defiantly needs lowered.It looks too funny and has a gap in the wheelwells.I want to tuck my wheels a bit.I've been looking everywhere for coilovers on the web.I found a couple but am not sure which are better.I'd get coilovers so you can adjust the height to your own preferance.Your looking at 200$-400$ depending on the brand.You'll probably wanna get new struts like the kyb gr2's.check out my pro and see how it looks without being lowered yet.(note-I will have it dropped within 2 weeks)click here
    Last edited by dodson3; 10-28-2003, 11:08 PM.

Comment

If you get coilovers get Ground Controls.

Asylum, I would suggest you get Intrax springs, I don't really think you need more than a 1.8 drop with your kit.
      check www.corksport.com or any other performance site that may have them.

Dodson, your photo's are so out of focus it is not even funny.
      You have got to get some new pics up..
      Your car looks nice though, is it an ES?
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

yeah I know the pics suck,I need to fix that.Yes it is an es with the 1.8.

Comment

i also have the 1.8. mine is lowered slightly over 1 inch. i have kyb gr2's all around with king (australian made) lowering springs. none of this 3 inch drop ghetto bull**** for me - i get the handling without worrying about scraping the bottom of the car all the time. personally, i think stiffer springs are the way to go not super low.....

i think 1 inch with 17's would look great. my car will look mint with 16's or 17's but i can't afford to buy new alloys right now with an engine swap in progress.

i don't think coilovers are your answer unless you want to go real low - they cost too much if you only want a wee drop.
          Last edited by Stefan; 10-29-2003, 02:28 PM.

Comment

I would suggest H&Rs. Thats what I have on my car. Its a small drop (1.3"), but definately reduced my wheel gap, and handles like there is no tomorrow. Also, save $20 and get a front strut bar on Ebay, as it is also a key factor in car handling. As always, it is recommended to have struts in good condition if you were to lower the car. Goodluck.
            "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

i have my kit and 17" wheels and im buying all new suspension everyting so i dont screw up any thing
              1998 black protege, erebuni kit, 17in white eagle alloy rims, 5 percent tint all around, apex'i N1 exhaust, green street glow kit(gold series), Front And Rear Strut bars. JDM tail lights, clear corners. Katzkin interior(black & white). two 4-point evo harnesses, custom eye kids, Hid's, All custom two toned black and white interior...painted calipers and drums(black) HKS duel intake...Panasonic headunit..pioneer inside speakers..1100 watt splash amp..mtx box..two 12in kenwoon tornado subs..two 12in streetglow neaons under dash (green)PLANS FOR 07...2 toned paint job..2in drop erebuni lip spoiler and grill...Custom hood CF or fiber glass still thinking...and if eveything goes well Turbo..

Comment

well i had adjustable coils on mine, rear lip was folded out so that the tyres would touch the inner fender, ride was aight for when it was on smooth roads but lil caribbean island some roads are terrible so it frigs up the ride a bit

didn't give a **** though
                missing u betsy

RIP

Comment

Well. Aslyum... seeing as how ur car looks exactly like mine lol. I have yet to get 17's nor can I get it at this point since I'm broke. Seeing as how you got a kit and most people don't, whats goign to be the prob is that if you lower your car to get rid of the wheel well, you are surely going to have to worry about your bumper being too close to teh ground. My kit scrapes everything as it is with 15 inch rage enduros. So when I go to 17's and dropping with probably with coilovers... it'll be my judgement... And if you get coil-overs.. its my understanding that you would need to get a camber kit with it. I'm not sure why but its all about alignment *shrugs*
                  Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

Working...
                  X