Tires - All season or winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tires - All season or winter

I've got 25K miles on my 2004 Mazda 3s 5 door and I hate the Goodyear Eagle RSA that came on my care as original equipment. Anybody have any experience with All Season Radials that handle decent in snow/ice? I hate to spend the $$$ on separate winter tires & wheels. Appreciate an feedback on Avon and Falken especially.

Originally posted by lgulden
    I've got 25K miles on my 2004 Mazda 3s 5 door and I hate the Goodyear Eagle RSA that came on my care as original equipment. Anybody have any experience with All Season Radials that handle decent in snow/ice? I hate to spend the $$$ on separate winter tires & wheels. Appreciate an feedback on Avon and Falken especially.
    Your true necessity for dedicated snow tires depends on how bad your winters are; allseasons will probably fine for this winter while those oem tires are fresh, but next year I'd strongly recomend a good set of winters. I've got a set of *****n's, they are so far the best snowies I've driven on, quiet(as far as winter tires go) excelent charactoristics in heavy, rain, snow, ice, And heres the kicker, they are great in the dry, not many winter tires are good at that, heck I don't change my driving happits while driving on them, they are great.
    http://www.*****ntires.com/newsite/homeF.cfm

Hope this helps.
    Speed Is Nothing Without Control.

Comment

falken doesn't make snows, and you don't have to buy all new wheels, you can just put snows on the stockers. personally, i live in ohio, i use snows, the 3 is significantly heavier than a 2gen though, which helps in the snow, i would say see how this winter goes with the all seasons, depending on where you live.

Comment

Working...
      X