exedy clutches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exedy clutches

I've never heard of them. Has anyone else? Anyone have a problem with the clutch they make?
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

I've heard of Exedy and that their clutches are excellent OEM replacements . Try browsing through Ebay because I recently saw a few on there for a really good price ~ $100.
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
    -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

It's what i replaced my stocker with like 4 months ago. I do have a throwout bearing issue (i think) it just whistles sometimes when it's cold, but mechanically it's been perfect. I'm sure it's more an install thing than a defect or poor craftsmanship.

The kit came with the Clucth disc, pressure plate, TO bearing and alignment tool.

Comment

D0n't know much about them, but have heard they're good ****.
        I've been thinking about getting one for my car instead of a clutchmasters, I don't have 500 bones.
        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

I've heard of them. They are really popular with the cars in Japan. I always see pics of cars in Japan with exedy clutch stickers on their cars. And if they're running those on their cars you can pretty much say they are good.
          Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Originally posted by deadly_sleeper
            I've heard of them. They are really popular with the cars in Japan. I always see pics of cars in Japan with exedy clutch stickers on their cars. And if they're running those on their cars you can pretty much say they are good.
            I see a lot of Type R and NOS stickers on cars... I'm willing to bet most are for a ricey decoration.
            ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

i used it on my protege, great clutch, grips excellent and last for a long time, i would deffinently recomand it, plus the clutch i had i had it in for month or 2 when i took it out to swap out the engine, clutch still looked brand new, even after my beatings on it
              92 323 with KF-ZE V6 swap done by me, cold air intake, 2 1/4 header back piping, ported throttle body with spacer, NOW FOR SALE FOR $2500, email me at dezznuts59@aol.com

Comment

alright cool thanks a lot guys. i thought the price was too good to be true, $100 + shipping on e-bay
                When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                So his engine he goosed
                With much too much boost,
                And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Working...
                X