guage swap / body kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guage swap / body kits

I was just curious, is a swap from my factory gauges (w/out the tach, it's a DX) to the LX gauges w/ a tach an easy process. Just plug and play, or do other things need to be modified?

Also, I was wondering where some good places are to get body kits for the 95/96 Pro's?

Welcome to the forum!

The gauge cluster is an easy swap - plug and play - if you get a cluster from the same year vehicle. If you have a 95 you can use the gauges from a 95 or a 96. If you have a 97 you can use the gauges from the 97 and 98 Proteges. The only problem is that you you will lose your current odometer reading. You'll get whatever the replacement cluster has.

As for body kits, look on ebay. There are four body kits available. Here's the selection: http://www.erebunicorp.com/ge/mazprot95.htm

You can contact any of the companies selling the Erebuni products on ebay and ask them to order other kits for you. They're distributors.

Erebuni has a couple of wings too. Check them out here: http://www.erebunicorp.com/wings/mazprot95.htm

Comment

What about if it's a digital one ... I guess your just gona have to swap the left and right pieces of the cluster.

That actually what i did with mine, my temp gauge was busted ( I broke the needled while installtion the reverse indigo gauge ) lol ... i went to a srap yard ... took only the gaz gauges from another cluster and installed it on my cluster.

Worked fine.

Is it same thing if you get a cluster with tach and (gaz and temp on the same one) ?

Maverick

Comment

Intruder is talking about swapping the entire cluster I think, not really individual gauges. But I guess some of the gauges themselves could be exchanged between the clusters..?

As far as the digital thing goes, the 97-98 cluster is the digital one and the 95-96 ones are not I think. That is why Intruder said you have to use the appropriate one.
        Last edited by Shaun32390; 09-27-2005, 06:52 PM.
        1998 Mazda BHALP SE - Rain Forest Green Mica

Pacesetter short shifter ; Depo tails (thanks beetle_orange) ; Custom CAI nearing completion ; CF hood on the way ; Brembo blanks & KVR pads to be inst. (thanks Pigeon) ; Goodridge brake lines to be inst. ;

Much more to come...

Comment

you can swap the odometer readings on the 95/96 cluster, thats what i did to keep my current readings.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
          Mods:
          DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Originally posted by beetle_orange
            you can swap the odometer readings on the 95/96 cluster, thats what i did to keep my current readings.
            You can't do this with the 97/98 though. At least not very easily.
            ED
            '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
            Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
            WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

yup

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
              Mods:
              DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
              http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Working...
              X