turbo mazda3... is it true??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo mazda3... is it true??

So, Friday I was reeding about the mazda3 in the "buyers guide" of this weekly auto magazine. It had a phrase or two about it, and then it had a part that was titled "what's next." in this part it said there is a turbo model in the future!! has anyone heard this othere than me??
    ok so this is what i have done to my car.... i have a mitsu te04h turbo miata header customized for a turbo... volvo intercooler, dsm bov, acufab adj. fuel pressure reg, stock injectors and maf, colder spark plugs narrowed gap, stock cat and 2.5" exhuast..... umm thats all that i can think of for now... pics coming soon

The Mazdaspeed version of the 3 is rumored to be turbo'd.... I'll believe it when I see it.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

if it happens thats my next car
      if it is of equivalent sucess as the mazdaspeed protege

Comment

Originally posted by D323
        The Mazdaspeed version of the 3 is rumored to be turbo'd.... I'll believe it when I see it.
        why so skeptical, the MSP, MSM, and MS6 are all turbo

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
          why so skeptical, the MSP, MSM, and MS6 are all turbo
          just am. There are also rumors of a Mazdaspeed rx-8 out there too.

I'd love to see them into production, but so far it has all been is hearsay.

Comment

actually Mazda Canada Int. has posted that the expected release for the 230hp 2.3L Turbo MS3 will be in June of 06. The MS6 will be in US showrooms within the next month or so.

Comment

Originally posted by em pee 3
              actually Mazda Canada Int. has posted that the expected release for the 230hp 2.3L Turbo MS3 will be in June of 06. The MS6 will be in US showrooms within the next month or so.
              Under the Mazda Canada site it lists only the MS6 under upcoming models.

Comment

there's been all kinds of *speculations*

at first it was a 200hp 2.0L Sedan, then a turbo X.XL hatch, and now i hear 230hp 2.3L... either way, a turbo MS3 is coming.

ASE/Hass and hiBoost both have kits that make that 230hp look weak. Last dyno at 17psi was 375whp on the 2.3L, albeit that is pushing extremely hard and not recommended without internal upgrades and whatnot, but none the less, thats some very nice power. The standard boost kits are putting down about ~245whp at 7 - 9 psi.

Comment

i looked at the magazine agian today and it was in "AUTOWEEK" and it also said that the ms3 was going to be AWD!!
                  ok so this is what i have done to my car.... i have a mitsu te04h turbo miata header customized for a turbo... volvo intercooler, dsm bov, acufab adj. fuel pressure reg, stock injectors and maf, colder spark plugs narrowed gap, stock cat and 2.5" exhuast..... umm thats all that i can think of for now... pics coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by weelyweels
                    i looked at the magazine agian today and it was in "AUTOWEEK" and it also said that the ms3 was going to be AWD!!
                    probably a helical front driveish awd like on the MS6 though, only puts power to the back wheels when it needs to.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
                      there's been all kinds of *speculations*

at first it was a 200hp 2.0L Sedan, then a turbo X.XL hatch, and now i hear 230hp 2.3L... either way, a turbo MS3 is coming.

ASE/Hass and hiBoost both have kits that make that 230hp look weak. Last dyno at 17psi was 375whp on the 2.3L, albeit that is pushing extremely hard and not recommended without internal upgrades and whatnot, but none the less, thats some very nice power. The standard boost kits are putting down about ~245whp at 7 - 9 psi.
                      lol, cheaper to get the regular and make it a MS3 clone.

And more sleeperish

Me like.

Comment

Originally posted by pigeon
                        if it happens thats my next car
                        if it is of equivalent sucess as the mazdaspeed protege
                        Dude, same plan as me!

Let's go car shopping together.

Originally posted by em pee 3
                        Please provide proof. I've heard these speculations before, but that is all they are - speculations.
                        My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
                        - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by mike_moss
                          Dude, same plan as me!

Let's go car shopping together.
                          ya man!
                          that would be kickass, and we could try to score a deal or something if we bought two at the same time!

my only requirements for it is for it to be:
                          - boosted
                          - lsd
                          - of equal to or greater elegance/rarity/jdm-ness than the SP23
                          - for the release date to be after the summer of 2006 which will be the case cause they're not gonna release it right next to the mazdaspeed6
                          - for it to get equal to or greater praise than the msp when the initial reviews come out... in regards to it being a well balanced all around performer

if it turns out to be ****tier than the mazdaspeed protege, then i'd resort to getting one of those instead, cause i like them lots as well

Comment

Word. I'm not as bitchy as you, so I'll just settle for a fun car.

I would really like to own a MSP, but they're the sort of car you gotta own from brand new. I wanna be the one abusing the **** out of it. I don't want some molested car. They ain't fun no more!

I'm serious though, keep in touch on this...we'll work something out with a dealer for sure.
                            My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
                            - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

i kno i kno... sadly tho theres no real option to getting a msp anymore
                              i'd even be down for a mazdaspeed miata, they're pretty sweet too

however i really would like to own a brand new car tho if im gonna be spending $30,000+
                              if i got the msp it would only be in the 20's

but ya, theres like 5 dealerships within an hour driving distance... so im sure one of them would hook us up

Comment

Working...
                              X