Resetting the computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resetting the computer

Yeah, I just installed my ractive Intake, and am wondering what is the proper way to reset the computer so it adjusts to the increase in airflow. Also, it seems like the car is guzzlin with a capital g my fuel. Will that improve over time or should i get some midgrade on? Thanks again guys.
    Attached Files
    <a href="http://www.cardomain.com/id/borisoft">My Cardomain Page</a>
    Brilliant Black 1998 Mazda Protege ES 1.8L DOHC 5 speed
    15" ASA JS1 Wheels with Yokohama Avid T4 Tires
    TWM Short Shifter
    Ractive Intake

If yo disconnect the battery and pump the brakes a few times till the charge is gone it should reset in a minute or two

Comment

Its important to disconnect the negative side, not the positive. If you disconnect the positive it could set off the air bags when you reconnect it. But yea you will use some more fuel with you intake in.
      sigpic

Comment

Intersting thing about mileage. When I had my short-ram intake, the car did eat gas like crazy, and I was making about 20 mpg in the city. But then I removed it, and build a full blown cold-air intake, and the mileage went back to normal. But, still, try not floor it all the time off the line. I know its tempting, and sounds really good, but that would kill your mileage big time.
        "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Originally posted by OCD-SPEED
          Its important to disconnect the negative side, not the positive. If you disconnect the positive it could set off the air bags when you reconnect it. But yea you will use some more fuel with you intake in.
          Why would reconnecting the positive lead to your battery set off the air bags? Air bags are triggered by an accelerometer, not by connecting the postive lead to your battery. If this were the case you could never change the battery in your car.
          '98 ES - For Sale!

Comment

disconect the negative battery cable and hold the brake pedal for about 10 seconds.

--------------------------------

Glad to see your from NJ, which part. I am from New York , there is also another member from Jersey on the boards with a 2nd gen .. (lowpro) I believe...

Man you didn't get rid of that crappy filter that it comes with.. ditch that filter.. lol ..

attached is a pic of the Ractive Filter, I have.
            I had this filter for about 1 year and if you look at the Filter it is still extremely clean..
            I got it from JCWhitnet Sport Compact site.
            Bruce
            Attached Files
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

nice engine bay bruce
              Mike A.

Comment

thanks bubashane, that was year before last at carlise.. Wait till you guys see it when I am done with it

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

hey bruce... did you polish your stock intake manifold?
                  -tony

Comment

Last time I went to the Carlisle show Wil did that for me.
                    Just clean it off and then use some metal polish and shine the intake pipes...

I use the Meguiers(sp) Chrome Polish

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                    X