Look what I found lol....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look what I found lol....

So this past weekend I was taking the struts and springs out of my parts car in preparation to winterize (unlower) my protege. When low and behold the rear struts of the parts car turned out to be KYB-GR2's! someone put these on the car then abandoned it lol.
    Attached Files

only the rear two? good find.
    proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

fyi GR2's are OEM replacements, if you lower your car, they will last just as shortly as a stock replacement strut like a gabriel, monroe etc.
      93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
      02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
      05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

they feel stiffer than my oem ones tho

Comment

they are stiffer, but by less than 20% (exact number escapes me). they are technically an OEM upgrade, so if its not lowered a huge amount then you can usually get away with using them, might need to cut the bump stops though.

Comment

meh, they're going on the car for the winter... i have my "Lifetime guarenteed forever monroe crappy tire" struts that are on with my lowering springs. Crappy tire is great... whenever i had my car into them for an allighnment they told me that "the suspension is saging noticably all 4 corners" i just kind of looked at them and shook my head... lol

Comment

thats ****ing awesome. their all freakin morons. HOORRAAYYYY MORONS HOORAAYYYY MONROE!
              proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

Working...
              X