ZL-VE parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZL-VE parts

Id like to figure out how much the 1.5 liter ZL-VE engine and valve covers will cost to be shipped from overseas? Also, maybe the cams and cam gears from the same engine as well?

I found out that Derrick from Corksport can get these for me. But he has to order them now and won't receive them for 3-4 months.

Comment

The main thing we would want is the head or just the cams. Everything else is the same. If we can get the cams we can tune it using some cam gears to preform with at least the same top end.

If we get just the head someone would have to hack up a way to control the s-vt. Much cheaper then the entire engine and you'd get slightly more displacement.

Im totaly interested in the cams. Supposedly if we could get the specs a shop could just make a set using mazda blanks.

Comment

the intake cam is not a direct bolt in... it is too long at the pulley end because it attaches to the oil vane actuator.... it will have to be cut and redrilled/tapped for the normal cam pulley to work

if a top end swap be done, then the intake manifold should also be used because it is also different... block is the same, rods, pistons, and crank are not... the 1.6l is a stroked version of the 1.5l
        TheMAN
        '01 BJFP MT
        '05 BK3P HB AT

Come see the Protege FAQ

No, I don't own an MP5.
        No, I don't drive a Protege 5.

Originally posted by R240NAII:
        It's always, "hi, I'm 16, a flaming pissant, and have my parents hard-earned money that I'd like to blow, hold my hand and walk me through a course on driftnng/boosting/driving, but remember that I'm not intelligent enough to understand anything and will repeatedly ask the same basic, moronic questions, over and over again".

What happens when you send me PMs such as:
        -Sending me a stupid question (no common sense, no logic, impractical, etc)
        -Sending me a question that can be found searching or in the FAQ
        -Sending me an illegible question (ie: bad grammar)
        No you WON'T get flamed, you'll get ignored. The results will vary if you send flames/insults

Comment

Originally posted by zerocover
          The main thing we would want is the head or just the cams. Everything else is the same. If we can get the cams we can tune it using some cam gears to preform with at least the same top end.

If we get just the head someone would have to hack up a way to control the s-vt. Much cheaper then the entire engine and you'd get slightly more displacement.

Im totaly interested in the cams. Supposedly if we could get the specs a shop could just make a set using mazda blanks.

Yeah, he said he can get the cams for me no problem. But I need the engine and/or valve cover as well to cover my engine. I have an EVO style hood and when it rains the water gets all over my plugs and coil packs. He said he can also get the cam gears, but I don't know whether I should get those or the ones that SRMotorsports.com offers for the 1.6 liter engines.

How difficult would it be to hack into the head (figuratively of course) to control the S-VT?

Comment

No one knows, or is willing to share. All I know is whenever someone asks there told to go check the miata boards becuase they do the same thing.

It should be pretty strat foward its just a voltage signal to make the cam advance.

Comment

Originally posted by steve_protege
              Yeah, he said he can get the cams for me no problem. But I need the engine and/or valve cover as well to cover my engine. I have an EVO style hood and when it rains the water gets all over my plugs and coil packs. He said he can also get the cam gears, but I don't know whether I should get those or the ones that SRMotorsports.com offers for the 1.6 liter engines.

How difficult would it be to hack into the head (figuratively of course) to control the S-VT?
              uhh.. I think you have other things to worry about if you don't have a valve cover on your engine!
              TheMAN
              '01 BJFP MT
              '05 BK3P HB AT

Come see the Protege FAQ

No, I don't own an MP5.

It's always, "hi, I'm 16, a flaming pissant, and have my parents hard-earned money that I'd like to blow, hold my hand and walk me through a course on driftnng/boosting/driving, but remember that I'm not intelligent enough to understand anything and will repeatedly ask the same basic, moronic questions, over and over again".

No you WON'T get flamed, you'll get ignored. The results will vary if you send flames/insults

Comment

I know. Thats why Im trying to get the money saved up to order the 1.5 liter engine and valve cover. Thats supposed to solve my CEL problems when it rains and water gets on the coil packs and on the spark plugs.

Comment

I don't see why you need an engine AND a valve cover when the engine comes with one
                  TheMAN
                  '01 BJFP MT
                  '05 BK3P HB AT

Come see the Protege FAQ

No, I don't own an MP5.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                    I don't see why you need an engine AND a valve cover when the engine comes with one
                    I asked Derrick from Corksport if they were different parts and if I would need both of them. I didn't know I didn't need the valve cover. Thanks for pointing that out for me.

Comment

So how much does it cost to get the head from the 1.5? A member on one of the other boards (msprotege.com or protegeclub.com) got the cams and said they were a direct swap. He just dropped em in and said everything lined up. I'll have to try and find him. Can't remember his user name.....

Comment

macdaddyslowmo is the guy your looking for. Hes on all the forums (including this one) he actually had a set ground down to zl specs using mazda blanks, if memory serves. I would love to get the specs on them.

Comment

zl-ve we have them here

I could get these motors down here in the Caribbean would have to get the cost and shipping to the usa. this is the 1.5 am setting up now every week someone wants to buy it of me. not for sale.
                          Attached Files
                          island-p5

Comment

So what your just teasing us? Common..

Anyway forget the engine That bumper is awsome!! IS that stock? I must have one.

What part of the caribean? I thought they got the normal USDM proteges down there.

Comment

Originally posted by island-p5
                              I could get these motors down here in the Caribbean would have to get the cost and shipping to the usa. this is the 1.5 am setting up now every week someone wants to buy it of me. not for sale.
                              You said you can get your hands on these engines? Do you think you'd be able to get a hold of a 1.5 liter engine cover? Maybe a set of cams? Let me know. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X